Parrothead

More on work permits

notax

That sounds like a total ripoff with the extra payment  $410 in administrative costs and $280 to officials who arranged the process for her but I guess thats the fine and punishment for not doing it correct.. So its best to do it correct way from start, but also if I understand correct its for emplyoes in a company and not for people that run there own business . Not sure about that but we will see how i will play out.

phuketrichard

my question;

if u have a 1 year extension

will they  make u pay for a wp? even if u have not worked or been employed

and fine u if u have been there awhile?

this might be the reason they are going back to the  BUSINESS visa and extension

Wait till Oct and see what happens.

Parrothead

will they  make u pay for a wp? even if u have not worked or been employed
and fine u if u have been there awhile?

If they end up costing me what I was paying per year to live in the Philippines, I might as well return there. The cost of my visa is what keeps me from leaving here. If I am not working here, I damned sure do not want to pay for a work permit. 

By the way they made it sound, work permits were for people who were actually being paid. So, I guess a lot of NGO's will get off that way.

phuketrichard

ngo's get paid>>>>>>>

Volunteers dont

Paul ur ONLY in Cambodia cause the visa is cheap?

wow, i have never been concerned with the cost of a visa no matter where i lived

I live where i want to live an where i am the most happy

Edited by phuketrichard

Parrothead
wow, i have never been concerned with the cost of a visa no matter where i lived

I live where i want to live an where i am the most happy

You may have missed my point. If all three visas were equal, I would probably be in Thailand.* Since this is not the case, I am here in Cambodia, because it is the best of the three - the easiest. If the visa situation changes, I might as well go back to the Philippines. 

The reason I stated that is, aside from the visas, I could be happy in any of the three countries above. Each of those countries have things, different from the others, that I like. However, they are similar enough that it really wouldn't matter to be, aside from the exception below. (I have yet to visit Burma, Laos, or Vietnam. So, I cannot compare any of those three to the others.)*

* I could be happy in Thailand if there were a city that was not full of whores. 

dicey eye

Conjecture is a wonderfully paranoid exercise. I don't live in Cambodia cause of the low cost visa or the ease in acquiring it. I merely live here because I like it. I'm not about to sweat fever over visas or work permits. Whatever they cost, I'll pay.

JTK88000

For me here in Thailand, cost is a consideration when it comes to visas. It's also a real hassle to extend or head for a border every month or two. Time consuming, potential rejection, and filling up my passport pages-all while emptying my wallet is a real drag. Also, one never knows when the laws will change again. It's the last straw for me. It's just not worth it. This country has every right to devise whatever laws they like-I prefer to spend my cash somewhere else.

Parrothead

I prefer to spend my cash somewhere else.

And the truly sad part is, if it weren't for all that bullshit, Thailand would actually be a decent country to live in and spend our liquid incomes, as foreigners. 

JTK88000

Hmm..looks like the spellcheck gremlin got hold of my last post-does that happen often here?