JTK88000

Getting to Sihanoukville

JTK88000

Has anyone had personal experience flying Air Asia (especially out of Bangkok) recently? From what I've read, it's cheap but heaps of negative reviews. Also, is it better to get in early to PP as buses to SHV stop running mid-late afternoon?

Thanks,

JT

Guest Kenny

I've used Air Asia quite often, but never out of Bangkok though.

They seem OK to me for a budget point to point airline.

Do you need to go into Phnom Penh?

Why not get a taxi from the airport straight to Sihanoukville?

Wiley54

A while back on this forum there was mention of three hostel/hotels In Phnom Penh ,Cambodia. Nice GH, Dragon GH and Capitol GH. All three are right next to Capitol bus station and cost $11 or less per night with A/C. I stayed at Nice GH. Caution Nice GH WiFi is sent over the air with no encryption, anyone can see everything that is sent to and from your computer including passwords, bank accounts, ect. normally WiFi is wpa or wpa2 encrypted. I brought this to the hotel staff and they did not know anything out the situation. I'm going to stay at the Dragon GH this time. Going on the bus tomorrow. 

All of these GH are on street 107, 107 is not on google maps!?! Look for 111 or Capital bus or look for Sok Hok. 107 is a continuation of this street. all of these GH list there address on 107

Edited by Wiley54

phuketrichard

i have flown them alot over the past years.

never any trouble, never any complaints,

one time was delayed for 2 hours an they  gave me a 1,000 baht voucher for a future flight

Just make sure when u book online to always uncheck everything , ( unless you want to take luggage) or eat, or pay for seat or pay for insurance

Book as far in advance as you can for best prices.

Air asia only 1 flight/day an u get into PP at 4:20 pm;

grab a taxi for $50 an be in shv 3-4 hours later

JTK88000

I'm just looking to get to SHV-no need to hang around in PP with all my luggage. Just land, get stamped in, then head to Sihanoukville. Is $50 the going rate? Up front or after the journey? Tip?

Thanks guys!

JT

dicey eye

My rule of thumb is I never pay anyone ever any money up front. Once ya get there, then pay. If ya pay up front I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped to pick up another passenger or two.

And in the 30 yrs I've been away from the US I can't remember the last time I tipped anyone except for a gal that did a fabulous job sucking the chrome off the trailer hitch.

Edited by dicey eye

jimmyboy

Yeah $50- but you may have to go outside the airport grounds to get that price.

Easier to get that price early in the day so the driver is not stuck in SV overnight.