Wiley54

need a rental for 3 month in either Sihanoukville or Kampot

Wiley54

Looking to rent a studio with bed A/C and kitchenette for three months. There was a place mentioned a while back in this forum for Sihanoukville at $150 a month. Also an inexpensive GH for a week or so. Going to Phnom Penh tomorrow then decide on Sihanoukville or Kampot. I'll spend some time looking in the past forums, any current information would be nice.

Thanks Wiley

phuketrichard

thought u were here in phuket?

Wiley54

The $125 mentioned earlier is not available now and friend that that had room is not working out. Going back to College online and need to catch up with studies. The wind seems to be blowing east not west (former boat racer) Just looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a couple of months. Best I could find in Phuket was 285 baht per day for 30 days. If you know of anything better please email asap. With reading on the forum a rental studio for 150  dollars per month that seems best. Still have 35 days + 30 on visa for Thailand.

Wiley

phuketrichard

its an onshore breeze, like i told u, thru Oct hence there are waves.

u must not have looked hard as there tons of places in Patong for under 5,000 baht, I told u where to look.

\

you think the locals pay 9,000 baht/month??

Wiley54

need more information, I see dorm rooms with a fan for 170 baht a night. I'm 59 not into the dorm life style anymore. I'm not sure were to look for an apt for a couple of months. Most GH advertise great prices until you realise they will charge for two people doubling the cost. Please if you have anything specific though the internet or a friend let me know. Your friends place would be great, but not ready for rental yet. Since you live on Phuket Island the local information network is much better the world wide web. Single room shared bath A/C or a home stay apt for 2 months/ Share house.

Thank you Wiley

jimmyboy

check out frans wouters on teh sihanoukville expats FB page- he always seems to have some decent khmer houses cheap- not pitched at tourists, rather at expats.

phuketrichard

Wiley;

i told you exactly were to go look for places, NO Places anywhere in Thailand charges/person EXCEPT dorm rooms.  rooms. apts are charged/room.Bar girls live 3-4 people /3,000 baht/month rooms

so again ...Rent a motorcycle

Patong;

head up Si Nam Yen road and take any of the many left turns that branch off. ( one goes towards the fire station)

you will find at least 20 apt complex's that rent rooms for 2-5,000 baht /month ( fan,not air con but u dont need air con)

Than when u get to the traffic light take a right on to  Na Nai., at least 50 places along that 2 kms road renting places. Plus many many small sois where you will find places to live.

NOT dorms, NOT shared rooms

Just ask any thai u meet. " Chao Baan. yoo nai?"  ( rent house, where?) ,  Chao Hong  yoo nai  ( rent room, where?)

Kamala has 3-4 places western style on the main road for 5-7,000 baht.month, if u take a right turn anywhere an drive the back roads u will find at least 20 apt places that rent rooms for 2-5,000 baht

You have to go look

If ur looking for shared look on ,  https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewEraExpats/

Edited by phuketrichard

Parrothead

Wiley, where are you now? Thailand or Cambodia?

phuketrichard

he told me he was here in Thailand ????

dicey eye

3 months is a rather short stay in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. Might consider for SHV renting a room at Charlie Harpers Hotel/Bar for $100 per month with fan or $150 per with air con. Cooking allowed in room. Across the street is a low cost farmers market, fresh produce daily. CH is a kinda hub for expats. Centrally located, nice vibes.