Parrothead

Sending money to Cambodia

Parrothead

I need to be able to send money from the US, to Cambodia. This is to pay for my ongoing rent of my home, monthly utilities, etc. 

If I were in the Philippines, I could leave signed, predated checks for deposit into my USD Savings Account. Monthly, they could be deposited and clear after 14 business days. 

Here, it is a completely different story. Here, the banks float the money for much longer. So, that option isn't viable. My credit union wants $60 USD for international wire transfers. So, that is out of the question too. So, at the moment, I am looking at MoneyGram or Western Union. I need an alternative, if possible?

Does anyone have a good way to send money to Cambodia, while living in the US?

John_Galt

If you happen to have a PayPal Debit card they only charge 1% at a foreign ATM https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/consumer-debitcard-agreement

(Paragraph 7) Limit of $400usd from an ATM a day

Another alternative is a refillable prepaid debit card.

Could also prepay everything possible then give her cash for the rest. Though money and women go together like fire and gasoline.

Edited by John_Galt
  • Like 1

Read2Learn

Another choice MoneyGram.   Western Union works well and can be found at many locations.

Syontani

Apologies to mods if this is inappropriate. I am quite unsure! Please advise as how to proceed.

Dear Paul,

I operate a service in Cambodia usually assisting families with deposit and incremental payment to prisoners here in Cambodia.

As there can be exhorbitant bank transfer fees for regular payments which need to be made. There is a standard fee of 4% of principal sum deposited, and a $15 USD charge per transaction.

You would need to calculate initial bank transfer fees to our Cambodian account. Factor in the 4% admin charge, then calculate how many payments are required at $15USD per payment. Our fees are payable in advance.

We can then arrange Cambodia wide transfers of specified amounts, at preferred times.

If the moderators here are in favour of this post, you might contact me at info@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com    or view www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com to find out more about this service.

Regards,

Simon B. Miller.

First Legal Cambodia.

Edited by Paul

Parrothead

Apologies to mods if this is inappropriate. I am quite unsure! Please advise as how to proceed.

Dear Paul,

I operate a service in Cambodia usually assisting families with deposit and incremental payment to prisoners here in Cambodia.

As there can be exhorbitant bank transfer fees for regular payments which need to be made. There is a standard fee of 4% of principal sum deposited, and a $15 USD charge per transaction.

You would need to calculate initial bank transfer fees to our Cambodian account. Factor in the 4% admin charge, then calculate how many payments are required at $15USD per payment. Our fees are payable in advance.

We can then arrange Cambodia wide transfers of specified amounts, at preferred times.

If the moderators here are in favour of this post, you might contact me at info@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com    or view www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com to find out more about this service.

Regards,

Simon B. Miller.

First Legal Cambodia.

As a new member, please do not post links. 

Your rates are higher than MoneyGram. I can send up to $500 USD for $9.99c US. That is a flat rate charge and the money will be available in 10 to 15 minutes. 

Parrothead

https://www.skrill.com/en/

to receive payments into my us account from around the world

I will look at this one too, Richard. Thanks.

Syontani

I do this for people that have no other alternative, and they send much higher amounts.

Thought it might suit you, no worries.

Understood about links now, cheers!

• Like 1

Parrothead

All we ask is that members become active first. Give and take. 

Thanks for understanding.