Parrothead

Well, all, this has been an interesting trip to the US... hospital visit

Parrothead

There are always worse things in life. A needle to the stomach sounds bad, I am not sure I could do it, but how about those guys who stick needles in their penis to get an erection, I know I could never do that. :killself: 

Yeah, buddy. I imagine, at that point, I would have to just die. Ain't NO needles goin' there! 

Honestly, though, after only two injections, it isn't that bad. Today, I put it in my left thigh, rather than my stomach. They said to alter the locations every day. So, left stomach, right stomach, left thigh, right thigh, then repeat. 

I am also glad you know what the problem is.  Get wellk soon and hurry back here.  You are missed.

Well, honestly, man, it's about time we figured it out. To begin with, they thought it was Cellulitis. Then, a form of Strep, and finally, after a sonogram, a blood clot. 

• Like 1

Guest Kenny

Paul, if you haven't already, do a Google for "Deep Vein Thrombosis"

dicey eye

Back in 1992 I needed injections for 2 wks, took 3 people to administer them - wife Norma Jean with the needle and the 2 boys holding me down. I've got a major injection phobia.

• Like 2

jimmyboy

the top of teh thigh is easiest for self admin IM's.

relax and then kind of a dartlike motion.

easy

dont miss.

Parrothead

the top of teh thigh is easiest for self admin IM's.

relax and then kind of a dartlike motion.

easy

dont miss.

They changed my medication. Now, I am on something called Eliquis. They did away with my injections (thank God) and my other pills. 

Still not sure if it is doing any better, though.

Honestly? I wish I had stayed my arse in Cambodia. I think I would be in better shape now, had I done so.

Edited by Paul

gus

Had the same problem years ago also, treated with Warfarin, and then eventually, the self administered shots in the belly, in my case Clexane ...

Now whenever I fly longish flights, i still inject, the day before, the day of, and the day after the flight ( on instructions from my Australian doctor )..and even worse ..wear those disgusting compression knee high stockings . .Also always book an Aisle seat, so that I can get up and do a stroll up n down a few times during the flight.

Interestingly, the doc also told me, if I  ever felt like I was having a stroke, or about to, I should hit myself with a Clexane shot.

-At age 67 and living alone in Cebu, I guess im a possible candidate for one of those, so I keep a syringe avail, in my bathroom.

• Like 1

TorJay

Thank God it was caught before anything lethal could happen.

As for the warfarin, you do realize that is medicinal rat poison?? :D  Thins the blood.

Parrothead

Thank God it was caught before anything lethal could happen.

As for the warfarin, you do realize that is medicinal rat poison?? :D  Thins the blood.

They recently changed my medication to Eliquis, which doesn't have to be monitored by blood tests. They are talking that I will have to be on it for like 3 to 6 months.

Someone on the Cebu Forum suggested that it was rat poison.