Skinny Legs

Hello :)

Skinny Legs

Hi Everyone.  I'm a newbie to the forum so i thought that h i would introduce myself I'm Skinny Legs.

I'm Getting on a plane in June to Cambodia for at least three months ( Depending on employment etc )

Iv'e visited Cambodia twice in the past( both holiday/visa run's from teaching English in HCMC Vietnam(. and have decided  to have longer stay this time. 

Cheers

Parrothead

:party0023:  :welcome2:

Any particular city / town you intend on being in, while here?

Edited by Paul

Skinny Legs

Hi Paul, I'm going to have a wander around the Kingdom for a bit and then see where i could settle.  I will be spending a few weeks in PP when i arrive  just to adjust to the heat/ humidity.

Parrothead

when i arrive  just to adjust to the heat/ humidity.

Depending on what climate you have been in, it could take considerably longer than two weeks. 

I've been home a week and honestly, it may take a bit longer for me to get back in the groove of the temperatures here. 

Skinny Legs

Yeah, i never get really accustomed to the climate totally. But a cold beer usually sort's it out :)    I have a question.  Which is the best anti -malaria treatment to start taking upon arrival? Is there a need for it?        

Cheers.    

Parrothead

Which is the best anti -malaria treatment to start taking upon arrival? Is there a need for it?

I've been living in SE Asia for a decade and a half. I have yet to take anything for Malaria. 

Skinny Legs

Some of the side effects of the malaria tablets are pretty shxtty.  The reason i ask is because i want to go right into the boonies for a bit and sample some village life. I guess that Mekong Whisky would suffice to keep the mozzy's away. 

Edited by Skinny Legs

Parrothead

I'm probably the wrong person to be replying, as mosquitoes don't bother me in the slightest. Since they do not bite me, I imagine I will never have any illnesses carried by mosquitoes - Dengue, Japanese Encephalitis, Malaria, etc. 

Wiley54

Bring several bottles of DEET. 40% +.  You will want to find DEET with a lotion will base, that will be much more comfortable in this humidity. The oil sits on top of the skin and is very uncomfortable. Most of the DEET I find here is only 15% to 20%. I found a 40% in Thailand with a lotion base at a pharmacy.  You can pick up mosquito nets for a low price anywhere in Cambodia.

Skinny Legs

Thanks Wiley54.   I will bring lot's of  DEET 40%  And drink lot's of Gin & Tonic :)