Skinny Legs

Hello :)

Parrothead

Well, I guess you could end up with some very drunk skeeters. 

syzmic

DEET 100% is available in WalMart, at least in California.  That stuff is a small spray bottle.  I also got some 40% in a lotion form.   It's not always in stock at my store, but I'll be bringing some of that when I visit next month.

Hopefully, the strength of 100% means I can use less of it and have the same effect?  Since it all costs the same, I figured, why not? 

Anybody know how much DEET is required to chase the little buggers away?

dicey eye

When I was younger and mosquitoes found me tasty (now they don't) I found Skin So Soft (by AVON) worked very well in keeping those bugs at bay. Smelled nice too.

Wiley54

I brought a bottle of 100% from Cal and stopped using it, the oil base was just too uncomfortable. I did see a back packer that used DEET and was till cover with bites. I can feel the bites but after the first 3 months my body stopped reacting to the mosquito bites. If I am siting in an up right chair I put the DEET on my feet and ankles and on the back of the neck. The odor coming up from the feet seems to protect the rest of the upper body. If on a recliner I will also put on my arms.  Some people (my self included) use mosquito coils in the evening.

Guest Kenny

A buddy of mine swears by large doses of vitamin B1 (Thiamin) 100mg for an adult lasts 22 hours

dicey eye

post-186-0-22200000-1426079722.gif

The odor coming up from the feet

That's for sure (and I don't mean the DEET)- smell your tootsies all the way across the compound if the breeze is blowing in my direction.

And here I thought using mustard gas was illegal.

Edited by dicey eye

Wiley54

I wash those tender tooties at least every rainy season.

Skinny Legs

My feet sweat like a glassblowers arse if i wear Trainers in SEA.   They had to go in a seperate room if i had company :)   Sandal's are the way forward you can wash you feet in puddle's. 

Parrothead

Definitely some information here that I could have gone years without knowing. :D