Can a Barang work as a miner ( Gems )

Skinny Legs

Sound's like a plan Paul.  :)

• Like 1

Parrothead

I'd look forward to it.

luigi
Wiley54

My GF and I were in Pailin for a week. We met a foriengor  who has several years of experience at buying rubies in Pailin.  He introduced us to a store that cut and shaped rubies. Showed us color differences and quality. The store he took us to was near the round about, take a left and about 50 meters down the road,  the store is on the left side of the road. Small rubies and uncuttable sold for very little. In fact the store just gave a small bag of these rubies for free. 

• Like 2

Parrothead
12 hours ago, Wiley54 said:

My GF and I were in Pailin for a week.

On holiday? Are you still teaching, Wiley?

Wiley54

This was two years ago, at the time I was putting out feelers for potential jobs. Pailin is beautiful, nice rivers, scenic mountains with land mines and a bit of malaria. All the types of environment that makes life so enjoyable. We located two schools that teach English. They didn't need  any English teachers, seems a couple of NGOs will bring in some English teachers once in a while for a week or two at a time and provide "high quality English classes". Anyone with any money sends their kids to Battambang or Phnom Penh.

• Like 1