Parrothead

Anyone ever looked into Bee Keeping as a hobby?

andy

This may be intersting for you Paul

Edited by Paul

andy

Yes I had read the post Paul. A very easy to maintain and service system.

Oz Jon

Paul,

Did you ever get started with the bee keeping idea?

• Like 1

Guest Kenny

Jon (and Paul). I sometimes think bees are going to be way more important than global warming and ozone layers. 

If the climate changes, we try to change with it.

If we loose those little bee guys, we're knackered

Parrothead

Paul,

Did you ever get started with the bee keeping idea?

Actually, I recently met a guy who lives about 2.5 hours from me, in Siem Reap. Next week is Khmer New Year, so rates go up everywhere, travel costs, hotel stays, etc. So, week after next, we are going to Siem Reap to meet up with him. 

He has 10 frame hives for $35 USD. 10 frame supers for $10 USD. Not sure about his rates for bees, etc., as yet. Lots of things to discuss with him. He's pretty switched on, concerning beekeeping in Cambodia. 

• Like 1

Parrothead

11741181_1629467237300626_3488608026092131208_o.jpg

• Like 2

Parrothead

Although a bit later than expected, for those who subscribed to this thread, I am expecting my bees within the next two weeks. I started purchasing various accessories for the bees, over the past month and a half. Some things take a while to arrive. But, everything I have ordered to date, has arrived. 

During my research of beekeeping, I have come across various YouTube Channels that I have found extremely helpful. I will be adding more resources to each of the following links, as they become available to me: 

Helpful Beekeeping Resources

Helpful Beekeeping Construction Videos (including PDF plans)

==================================================

Flow Hive Update: So far, I have found more negative than positive press, mostly from long time beekeepers, regarding the Flow Hives. You still have to run standard langstroth hive bodies under the honey super, which is where the Flow Hives come in. Personally, I feel bees need to be left to work honey the best way they know how. We have no business trying to get them to change the way they have been working, for so long. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Oz Jon

Personally, I feel bees need to be left to work honey the best way they know how. We have no business trying to get them to change the way they have been working, for so long.

Heh!

Humans have to suffer endless operating system updates, "improvements" to applications, etc wanted-or-not!, improvement-or-not!

Why should bees get it easy!

Lol!

• Like 1