dicey eye

3 bedroom house for rent $180

dicey eye

Three bedroom house for rent in Battambang -$180 per month. Furnished, one bedroom has air con, two western style bathrooms. Available on the 14th of May. PM me for viewing.

post-186-0-48507000-1431140242_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-64451400-1431140261_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-50834300-1431140282_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Parrothead

That's Wiley's home, isn't it? Or, apparently, where he used to live? 

dicey eye

A couple of photos from today after Pip spent 4 hours cleaning the place.

Usedto be a duplex - now it been combined to a single residence. Wiley formerly lived in one half and Simon lived in the other

post-186-0-64900500-1431529959_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-41161600-1431530097_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-04784500-1431530157_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-91222700-1431530253_thumb.jpg

Edited by dicey eye
  • Like 2

Bill H

Is this typical of the available housing there, both in price and architecture?

Is it still available?

dicey eye

No! It was about half the normal price.

Though if you look around you can get a comfortable apartment for under $100

I currently pay $50 for two bedrooms, kitchen and western bath.

• Like 2

Bill H

We are headed in that general direction in a couple of weeks.  We also want to check out Burma.  I know you've lived there, how do you compare Burma to Cambodia?

Is the place you've posted still for rent?

dicey eye

No and yes, half is occupied but that stand alone house I posted for my landlord was turned into a duplex. One duplex just now came available - $60 per month.

The best way to find a house in Battambang is to rent a low cost hotel room, say $8 per with air con, rent a motorcycle and look around. Ask the locals first, will need a translator, because the local Cambodians know where all the best deals are. Most expats I know pay way too much rent. Some like Wiley pay $70 and he has a wonderful two bedroom westernized house, he also had his Cambodian wife cut the deal for him. His is the only expat lodging I covet in BTB.

I've never paid more than $60 and always found quite comfortable housing - BUT I always tasked my Cambodian wife with searching and getting apartments, I personally never looked for lodging myself.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Like 1

Parrothead

His is the only expat lodging I covet in BTB.

Mine is too highfalutin for ya, at $80 / month? LOL 

• Like 1

Parrothead

I've never paid more than $60 and always found quite comfortable housing - BUT I always tasked my Cambodian wife with searching and getting apartments, I personally never looked for lodging myself.

Wiley said the one across from me offers multiple beds and baths. I've been eyeing it, due to the large side yard. I believe he said they are asking $500 USD / month?

dicey eye

Mine is too highfalutin for ya, at $80 / month? LOL

Not too high falutin, Wiley’s apartment is huge. I like all his space. As for your abode, it’s rather smallish. I’d feel cramped in those petite confines.

For me, when it comes to lodging: size does matter. The bigger, the better.

Edited by dicey eye