dicey eye

Mandalay Musings

Parrothead

Even without university classes I make well over double the salary in Mandalay.

How friendly are the women folk there? As conservative as Khmers? Or, do they dress more liberally?

dicey eye

The Myanmar women all dress like nuns, covered from ankle to neck and no arms showing though once ya get one home they transform into voracious sex crazed tigers. Inside the bordellos the working girls dress in VERY brief attire - BUT the law dictates that they have to change into nun-duds when they leave. So on the street not much revealing eye-candy. Though the way Myanmar is changing, who knows, it could easily loosen up in a matter of months

Edited by dicey eye

Parrothead
So on the street not much revealing eye-candy. Though the way Myanmar is changing, who knows, it could easily loosen up in a matter of months

That would also be a significant improvement here. One thing I have to say about Thai girls, especially in places like Pattaya, whores do dress properly there. I am in hopes good girls here will follow. 

phuketrichard

i disagree 100% about how they dress outside

i find the Burmese women in all my travels in the past 8 months over there dress just like normal Thai/Khmer women

Except many do wear sarongs, especially those working in the markets or on construction sites.

http://www.reitman-photo.com/f125862719

Plus many in Mandalay dress very stylishly now

Edited by phuketrichard

dicey eye

I do live here and my eyesight hasn't gone yet and based on what I see every day, not more than 5% of the women in Mandalay dress sexy. At Diamond Mall or some eateries that cater to foreigners and the nouveau riche Burmese there is the occasional uncovered look, but those cases are the exception to the rule. If you get to Mandalay again why not stop by my hotel, we'll sit on the front verandah and for every gal that walks by in revealing attire I'll give you a dollar and for every gal that walks by in longyi, modest attire you give me a dollar. At the end of the day I'll have a couple thousand bucks in my hand and if you have $10 in your hand I'll be aghast.

Edited by dicey eye

phuketrichard

Woopppeeee  u live there.

Hey how long have u  lived there this time?  2-3 weeks?

I have spent over 7 weeks there in 3 trips around the northern /eastern part of  country in the past 8 months.

I NEVER said anything about Sexy an would say 5% is high.

I said stylishly

an now u change from   "The Myanmar women all dress like nuns, covered from ankle to neck and no arms ..to ...longyi, modest attire"

Which is WHAT i said.

i find the Burmese women in all my travels in the past 8 months over there dress just like normal Thai/Khmer women, Except many do wear sarongs, especially those working in the markets or on construction sites.

as in normal women not the bar girls on street 136 or walking street.

I was not talking about bar girls which are few an far between outside Yangon and i have zero interest in.

The ONLY ones i saw that dressed like nuns were female monks in Pink

You and I  will never see eye to eye.

dicey eye

We both know how to count. The hotel is on 26th Street across from the palace. For every gal dressed in a longyi I get a dollar, for every gal that dresses stylishly (no longyi)you get a dollar. I could use the extra dough. Just got back from an hour and a half cruise all over Mandalay. Saw 6 gals not wearing longyis and 734 wearing longyis. And just for the record in Myanmar the proper name for the sarongs you refer to is: longyi. And all longyis cover the ankle, which is the same length as a nun's habit; admittedly more colorful, though still don't expose any leg. Ergo the "nun" comparison.

Edited by dicey eye

phuketrichard

your living in the old part of Mandalay

head over to street 78 ( the one that runs in front of the train station) in late afternoon, evening

Try and find 10 girls  under 25 wearing.longyis

Have u been to the jade market?  Many of the female sellers are in pants and blouses

Most young shop employees wear western clothes as well

cant win an internet argument/discussion.    LOL

Edited by phuketrichard

dicey eye

I give up.