Parrothead

US Passport / Khmer Visa Questions

Parrothead

Okay, so most Americans now know about the issues the gov'ment is havin' concerning issuing new passports abroad. My luck, being what it is, caused me to be caught at the beginning of this fiasco. I filed for my new passport back on the 18th of May. It was due to return about ten days, or there about, later. That hasn't happened. 

So, with my passport expiring in December (15th) and my visa expiring on July 22nd, what should I do? 

I guess I will be under the wire, just barely, to renew my visa. But, I doubt they are going to give me a one year visa on a passport that expires in six months. So, IF they will issue me a visa, just get one good for six months? Try to secure a one year visa? 

Anyone here ever run into a similar situation? 

andy

Paul I have read somewhere it started in Thailand. I had spent a lot of time there, and was on one of the forums in the country, but did not get a good response and feedback. I think it was last year that the Department of Fish and Agriculture was giving grants to aid aquaponics, due to saving environmental issues to the delicate corals near the coastlines.

I was reading you tread on taking your friend into Thailand! I think Kenny has given very good advise on that subject. May I ask why the interest in Chanthaburi? I have spent a fair bit of time there, and enjoy the city.  

Parrothead
May I ask why the interest in Chanthaburi?

1. I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm 49 on the 26th of this month.

2. Chanthaburi is about 3 hours from where I live - Battambang. Phnom Penh, however, is close to 7 hours. I'm growing tired of traveling so far in one day, nowadays. 

3. Chanthaburi has Big C, as well as other shops to buy items that would not be found so readily in Battambang.

4. There is a Bangkok Hospital, from what I understand, in Chanthaburi. This would make it close than Siem Reap or Phnom Penh, for medical issues I have currently. 

andy

Sorry I understand Paul! I was not trying to be nosey.

Bangkok Hospital - Chanthaburi 25/14 Port Royal, Wat Mai (just off Thaluang Road). +6639351467.

I will be 53 this year and I truly understand about health issues. That is why I want to make my move now to Cambodia before It is too difficult for me. (health wise).

BigC is good shopping and always makes me happy :yahoo:

Edited by andy
  • Like 1

Parrothead
Sorry I understand Paul! I was not trying to be nosey.

Oh, no worries at all. I'm happy to talk about anything I mention on a forum. 

phuketrichard

is it a BIG C extra or regular  big C,

there is a difference

Parrothead

is it a BIG C extra or regular  big C,

there is a difference

big_c_chanthaburi.jpg

?? Would a super center be an "extra"? 

phuketrichard

does it carry merchandise,( beside groceries) electronics, clothes & appliances?

than yes

Parrothead

does it carry merchandise,( beside groceries) electronics, clothes & appliances?

than yes

No idea. I just happened to find that particular image on the internet, while trying to confirm what "category" it fit in. I imagine, Bill or I one, will be able to confirm this within the next few weeks. 

andy

The one in Chanthaburi is a Big C supercentre found on 1012 Thachalaeb Road, I am not sure of the difference in the Big C extra? All have been good for me. In Chanthaburi I like the Robinson Shopping centre! It has many shopping floors, very interesting, and has a very good Boots Pharmacy store.  

• Like 1