Jools

Question on getting extension of tourist visa in Cambodia

Jools

I'm certainly aware that what you are saying is not hearsay. Every expat I talk to, some with 18 years here, has a different answer. Most agree they are seeing things they have not seen before. The requirement of needing at least a month left on the tourist visa was unknown to most. The advantage of applying in Thailand is the lack of need for a police report and doctor's letter certifying that I am free of certain diseases. I shudder to think of trying to get a police report from Alabama from any southeast Asian country. I've also heard the group of expats talk about the wide variance of requirements depending on which location you apply in. It seems easier, in this case, to go to Laos, get another tourist visa there and head back to Chonburi and immediately file for a conversion

every immigration is different, here in phuket it must be seasoned.

THIS is all fact, not heresay, been in Thailand over 30 years and over 12 years on a retirement extension

so am not speaking out of my arse
Edited by Jools

phuketrichard

ur still off base;

The advantage of applying in Thailand is the lack of need for a police report and doctor's letter certifying that I am free of certain diseases

NO, the above ONLY applies if and ONLY, if ur applying for  a O-A VISA in ur own country

applying for a non o single entry anywhere in the world u do not need this

NOR do u need this if applying for  EXTENSION based on a non o visa for reason of RETIREMENT in THAILAND

'

your terminology is fecking u up

an O-A visa IS NOT an EXTENSION

Do whatever u want to do, it seems u dont want to hear the truth

good luck as ur going to need it

Edited by phuketrichard

mollydooker

Just retire to the Phils ...a tourist can remain here for up to 3 years with regular extensions ...then fly out for 1 day at about $50 return ....and then start your 3 years all over again ....

Parrothead

Just retire to the Phils ...a tourist can remain here for up to 3 years with regular extensions ...then fly out for 1 day at about $50 return ....and then start your 3 years all over again ....

True. But, in Cambodia, you never have to leave.

You pay a single fee.

The fee is cheaper than one year in the Philippines.

You never have to visit the BI. 

By far, the best deal over the Philippines or Thailand.

phuketrichard

BUT

Cambodia does not have MacDonalds!!!  LOL

dicey eye

BUT

Cambodia does not have MacDonalds!!! LOL

That sounds like a definite plus for Cambodia. Mickey D, what a god forsaken excuse for food.

Parrothead

BUT

Cambodia does not have MacDonalds!!!  LOL

With Burger King and KFC here, I imagine it won't be long before McDo is showing it's head here. I can't say that I am in much of a hurry for it to happen, either. 

In fact, every time I visit Phnom Penh, I learn of a new BK that has opened since my previous trip. Four, or maybe five locations now.

Edited by Paul

mollydooker

And that is exactly why the Phils has sadly become a fatties paradise and in Cambodia and Vietnam its very difficult to find a fat person !!...In the Phils Jollibee has over 2000 branches and Mcdo has over 400 branches ...plus almost every other fast food chain out of the States

phuketrichard

is there and IN & Out burger??

dicey eye

Wiki says yes,

excerpt from:

In-N-Out Burgers, Inc. is a regional chain of fast food restaurants with locations primarily in[4] the American Southwest. Founded in Baldwin Park, California, in 1948 by Harry Snyder and his wife Esther Snyder, the chain is currently headquartered in Irvine. In-N-Out Burger has slowly expanded outside Southern California into the rest of the state as well as into Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Texas. The company also plans to open its first location in Oregon in mid-2015.[2] The current owner is Lynsi Snyder, the only grandchild of the Snyders.

As the chain has expanded, it has opened several distribution centers in addition to its original Baldwin Park location. The new facilities, located in Lathrop, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Draper, Utah; and Dallas, Texas will provide for potential future expansion into other parts of the country.