Parrothead

Paul in jail?

Parrothead

Nope. But, I was ready to be put in jail this past Saturday. 

The main reason I haven't been on in a while is, I have not had an internet connection at my new place. (I moved earlier in September, to a new home in Battambang.) It took about ten days to get the first (of two) internet connections transferred. 

Metfone, a company I had been very happy with until moving, decided to take their time, lie, and make any excuses possible, not to have my service transferred to my new place. 

They out and out lied to both me and my landlord, regarding the installation / transfer. This went on for days, until this past Saturday. 

Friday, they had promised my landlord they would be here before close of business to complete my install. No show. So, I asked my driver to be here at the house about 9am, Saturday morning. He arrived promptly. Off we went to Metfone. 

I arrived at the office, walked inside, and just unloaded on the first person behind the counter that was crazy enough to greet me. She explained, after my tirade, that she had no control over installations. I demanded she put someone in front of me who did. A short while later, another young lady began explaining their crews were busy and would probably not be able to get to my installation today (Saturday). 

I came unglued and told her I had been waiting, through lies, deceit, and unnecessary delays, for going on two weeks. I was going to have my installation done today, one way or another. I didn't care, at that point, about what her crews were busy doing. 

After my explaining that I should be at the top of the installation list, she decided to pacify me. She let me know the installers would arrive by 2pm to complete the transfer of my service. I informed her that I would return to the office by 2:15pm, if they were not to arrive.

I came home. 

About 11am, the guys arrived to do the installation. (I guess my tender persuasion worked.) By about 11:30am, they were finished. (Unfortunately, when setting up my modem, the guy failed to ask me for the password and chose to simply reset the modem to its default settings.) They set up the modem, gave me the log in information (so I could go in, disable the WiFi, and change the control panel log in password), and checked the speed. 

Fortunately for me, my connection is now double the download rate it was previously. One connection now offers me 12 Megabits down. No complaints. What's even better is - no jail. :)

• Like 3

Mikala

I moved earlier in September, to a new home in Battambang

Are you located in PP or Battambang now Paul? I'm confused.

John_Galt

So no difference between changing service in the USA or Cambodia 

Parrothead

Are you located in PP or Battambang now Paul? I'm confused.

I'm still in Battambang, Michael. About 500 meters from my former residence. 

• Like 1

Mikala

I'm still in Battambang, Michael. About 500 meters from my former residence. 

Then I better make time to cruise thru Battambang! :)

• Like 1