andy

Banking

Parrothead

I have yet another "Welcome to Cambodia" for you.

I made the mistake of going to an ATM for the Bank of China in Phnom Penh.  The machine didn't give me the $500 I requested, but DID deduct the money from my bank account.  They were closed since it was a Sunday, and I was on my way out of town.  Thus I didn't get back for a week.  When I went into the bank to talk to them, they claimed that they had already credited the $500 back to my account and refused to do anything about it.  It wasn't until I got back home to the US, a couple of weeks later, that I got my bank to take it away from them.  The ATM knew it didn't give me the money as there was a note on the screen that the "funds were retained."

I think those farking THIEVES are doing that on purpose.  As far as I can see, that's no accident...  :devil::angry:

In this part of the world, very little surprises me anymore. Glad you were able to get it sorted. 

andy

Bad day banking! First put the wrong pin number in the ATM lost my card? Get it back tomorrow at a $2 cost to change the pin number.

Happy day down at the bank! My ATM card was returned to me with no extra charge. When you think about it! The bank as a good system with the cards. If you do happen to lose it, and a person try's to access your money, he/she only will have 3 attempts to guess the correct pin.

Yesterday the lady at the bank also telephoned me to ask if I could come by the bank, has she had sorted out the internet banking for me.

Apparently most customers would use this action by their mobile. But in my case I am using windows. So not yet available. But she had made it available for me to use online! Which I do prefer.    

• Like 1

andy

Today a phone call from the bank to let me know my money transfer from the UK had arrived in my account. I must say I never had this kind of personal service from my bank in the UK. So far I am very pleased with the services from ABA. 

• Like 1