Parrothead
Just rang up the company that gave us pricing when we first started rainwater harvesting. Currently, there is 5,000 liters of storage. But, we are now pondering building a small home on the back side of this land. The idea is to set up a larger rain water harvesting system on the new home. 

The total catchment area, according to the current plan anyway, will be around 91 square meters. So, several large capacity tanks will be a must. While most of the tanks dropped in price a fair amount, one - and not sure why, increased $70 USD. :scratch_head:

Anyway, new prices, as well as the difference in the old and new pricing, are shown.

EDIT: 2016 pricing & difference from 2013

1,000 Liters = $125 USD ($5.00 decrease)

1,500 Liters = $155 USD ($25.00 decrease)

2,000 Liters = $190 USD ($40.00 decrease)

3,000 Liters = $270 USD ($70.00 decrease)

5,000 Liters = $390 USD ($105.00 decrease)

7,000 Liters = $500 USD ($165.00 decrease)

10,000 Liters = $780 USD ($70.00 increase)

15,000 Liters = $1,120 USD (not sold in 2013)

20,000 Liters = $1,680 USD ($120.00 decrease)

2013 Pricing

1,000 Liters = $130 USD
1,500 Liters = $180
2,000 Liters = $230
3,000 Liters = $340
5,000 Liters = $495
7,000 Liters = $665
10,000 Liters = $710
20,000 Liters = $1,800

Parrothead

While we were out today, we took the advice of someone and dropped by a water tank distributor, to see if they were familiar with IBC totes. Went to the same place that gave us the prices, above, earlier this year. (You will see some minor changes in pricing, on the sheet I am attaching below.)

No joy, unfortunately. After showing them images of IBC totes, they still had not seen any in Battambang. So, I guess we will only be able to source them from Thailand. 

IMG_2134_r.jpg

IMG_2136_r.jpg

IMG_2137_r.jpg

IMG_2138_r.jpg

A 1,200 liter septic tank. $175 USD.

IMG_2139_r.jpg

IMG_2140_r.jpg

andy

Paul is this one 2000L at $200usd? If so cut in half will make two fish tanks!

Is it possible too to get used ones cheaper, when maybe someone upgrades? (they only store water).

post-1230-0-27244400-1456402275.png

Parrothead

Paul is this one 2000L at $200usd? If so cut in half will make two fish tanks!

Is it possible too to get used ones cheaper, when maybe someone upgrades? (they only store water).

attachicon.gifzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzPNG.PNG

It looks to be about 2,000 Liters, Andy. I have seen none here, for sale used. 

I was thinking about that yesterday, in fact, the possibility of doing that. 

Brilliant Minds Think Alike, Andy. :D

• Like 1