Parrothead

Raising Pigs is definitely a possibility

andy

Looking at the photos of the pigs, I have applied to this post! Got me thinking! How, where and when. The big red in the photo? Half breed?

Tamworth (English Red). Duroc - The Jersey Reds and Red Wattle (American Red). The breeds are medium to large pigs (but for Asia very large).

All of the pigs listed here, have the character of rapid muscle growth. With a weights of around 250kg to 500kg.

So Paul what your wife had said, may have some truth there. 

andy

Paul I think mostly white Pigs (Possibly 4 months old). I have seen many pigs in Thailand. But I had an interest in the black variety. I have not seen pigs as large as in Cambodia! I don't know about other bordering country's like Loas and Vietnam. But I would like to look and find out.    

andy

I have recently sent out a few emails to farming organizations, to try and get an accurate price for piglets and also breeds. (But I do know this would only be a rough guide! Meaning that the seller will have their own price). I do hope they get back to me with the information.

post-1230-0-67250300-1454016762_thumb.jpg

Piglets in a basket! Took this photo in town. The owner was raising them in his back yard. Good variation of colours.

post-1230-0-62739400-1454016980_thumb.jpg

Talking of Goats! This one was very aggressive with my friend.

Well if all fails with farm livestock there is always another alternative. These are the monks I photographed  in Thailand, who rear orphans.

post-1230-0-95627100-1454017361_thumb.jpg

post-1230-0-85871100-1454017399_thumb.jpg

Thirsty work. 

Edited by andy
  • Like 1

Parrothead

Well if all fails with farm livestock there is always another alternative. These are the monks I photographed  in Thailand, who rear orphans.

As much as it would interest me, I will pass. I will stick with livestock. I have yet to meet a cow or chicken that would eat me. :D

• Like 2

andy

I have received a e-mail today, from an official source starting in Europe, The farming organisation, had quoted to me "Your mail has made a couple of journeys through the pig world" . Then traveling around destinations of the world, until finally a reliable up to date source in Cambodia.

Paul, your good lady Chan was correct! The weaning Piglet of 6.5 to 7kg is $50 - $60. The Fattening pig is $2.05 per kg live weight. 

post-1230-0-45096800-1454333813.png 

YUMMY

Edited by andy
  • Like 1