andy

can you buy a boat?

andy

Later in the afternoon the boat builder delivered my boat down river, to my house. He had tested it well until happy. And I must say I am delighted with the build.

post-1230-0-94350600-1469808611_thumb.jpg

Now I need to build a jetty!!!

• Like 2

Parrothead

Not to jinx you, here. But, now that you have it, how do you keep someone from stealing it?

phuketrichard

ahh save $$ on trips over to Laos !!!

andy

I don't have any answer to your question Paul! I hope to be in the house shortly to keep a eye on things. The other night! I had just finished working and put all the tools in the car. I was drained with the days work. Also I had moved lots of timber (had some stolen the night before).

Mama came by and was adamant I took the engine off the boat and take it over to her place for safekeeping. Well climbing over Papas boat and up a muddy steep riverbank, with an engine in your arms, not easy!!!

Richard trips to Laos, and exploration beyond.

mollydooker

Andy ...time to buy the doberman !!

• Like 1

phuketrichard

NEVER leave the engine on the boat,  no thai, or Khmer would

make a long pole an hook up a pulley to bring the engine up to the house

• Like 1

Parrothead

Seems like too much of a headache, until you get something built, like a boat house, to keep it in. 

andy

That is one good idea Richard! Never thought about that. Boat house Paul! Don't be silly now! We are living in Cambodia. Dogs and the wife with an axe! Would you steal my boat?

Parrothead

Would you steal my boat?

No. But, it isn't me you have to worry about. It's all the Khmers that are your buddies, during the day.

• Like 1