Parrothead

Anyone else having issues with these danged power cuts?

Parrothead

I tell ya, I am starting to feel as though I am back in Sihanoukville. For ages, not even a flicker. Now, it seems as though they can't keep the damned power connected. It's been out about 20 to 30 minutes, here on the north side of Battambang. 

Over the past several weeks now, it has gone out a number of times. At least once, while we were away fortunately, all day.

Edited by Paul

Parrothead

45 minutes and power is now back.

mollydooker

Loved Sihanoukville but those power cuts really pissed me off ....you just reminded me ....in 1993 when I first moved to Angeles city we would endure hour after hour ....they still have them there very often until this day !! ..... easy to keep warm without power ....very difficult to keep cool ...

Parrothead

Loved Sihanoukville but those power cuts really pissed me off ....you just reminded me ....in 1993 when I first moved to Angeles city we would endure hour after hour ....they still have them there very often until this day !! ..... easy to keep warm without power ....very difficult to keep cool ...

Danged if they didn't cut the power again about 3:30, or so, I guess. Stayed off until after sunrise this morning. This is really beginning to irritate the hell out of me.

dicey eye

For me the power cut in BTB  are worse than SHV.

They are so damn frequent here in BTB.

I was lucky in SHV, my apartment was on the same power line as the one to the brewery so when the rest of SHV was blacked out, my place had power. Very, very few power outages for me in SHV thanks to the beer company.

In BTB I take my black-out licks like everybody else.

JohnOBohn

Snoooooky is "the place to be" now.   Since the new power plant opened brown outs are ancient history.    Very occasional, very short ones.   Not to mention gentle sea breezes keep the city cool.  Throw in at least 100 places to drink and eat and life is wonderful here.

mollydooker

Ohhhhh sounds like paradise back in Snooky now ....

Parrothead

They are so damn frequent here in BTB.

Haven't had any issues until the past couple of months? For the longest, the lights didn't blink. I guess this was when you were out edumicatin' the world in another country, though. :)

Snoooooky is "the place to be" now.   Since the new power plant opened brown outs are ancient history.    Very occasional, very short ones.   Not to mention gentle sea breezes keep the city cool.  Throw in at least 100 places to drink and eat and life is wonderful here.

Not for me. Still has way too many whores who want to walk up to you while you are having a beer with your mates, "Mas-sa, sir? Mas-sa?"

"No, honey, I don't need a massage."

"Drink, sir?"

"No, honey, I don't need a drink. I have one, thanks." :D

Parrothead

Ohhhhh sounds like paradise back in Snooky now ....

Or, John's gettin' senile. He turns like 96 this year. :D

Oz Jon

Or, John's gettin' senile. He turns like 96 this year. :D

Really?

Wow! - 96 is very good - up there with 69! - Lol!

• Like 1