Parrothead

www.johnnyseeds.com order placed

Parrothead

yes I agree Paul 20.000m2 is defiantly a lot of land to setup your venture.   

Take a look at this, Andy. This AP system was built on 500 m2 of land running 110 m3 of water, back in 2006.

UVI-AQUAPONIC-SYSTEM.pdf

Update-on-Tilapia-and-Vegetable-Production-in-the-UVI-Aquaponics-System.PDF

If that was done on 500 m2, what in the world could you produce on 20,000 m2 of land!!??!!

• Like 1

andy

I picked up two packets of seeds today from town at the price of 1,500reil each. Imported from Thailand.

post-1230-0-72371200-1464532105_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Parrothead

I picked up two packets of seeds today from town at the price of 1,500reil each. Imported from Thailand.

attachicon.gifWP_20160529_005.jpg

How many seeds did the put in each packet? 

andy

Only 60! But if you do a price comparison! Buy 4 packets, this will give you 240 seeds at $1.50

Also been around pricing the pvc today! The nft system and dutch buckets are going to come in at a very low price! I was also surprised that some pvc fitments came with stainless netting imbedded! Good filters. All elbows an T's, and treaded ones too! are priced at 1000-1500riel. 4 meter length pipe all size diameter are no more then $4 for the largest and most expensive. Tools! I have sourced all I need for the build. The biggest surprise was the petrol water pump (I want to use to draw the water from the river). Drawing 30m2 per hour. $80.  

Edited by andy
  • Like 1

Parrothead

Only 60! But if you do a price comparison! Buy 4 packets, this will give you 240 seeds at $1.50

Considerably cheaper, for sure. But, I want to buy specific seeds as well. Tom Drury, an Australian who has been growing various fruits and vegetables for years, here in Cambodia, advised buying specifically from Johnny's Seeds.

Each packet of the seeds I purchased will vary in seeds from about 200 to 350, at a cost of between $3.95 and $4.75 each, with one exception. That was a one ounce bag I purchased of seeds, for $5.55. It contains 15,600 seeds.

Once I sort out what grows better, as well as what may be wanted / desired more, I will buy seeds in larger volumes. This will be in either one ounce bags, or anything up to one pound bags, depending on the product. 

I don't mind buying some local seeds either, to grow for comparison. 

• Like 1

andy

I have had no luck on sourcing the grains I want. Oats, Wheat, Barley! May have to settle with corn and beans? 

Parrothead

I have had no luck on sourcing the grains I want. Oats, Wheat, Barley! May have to settle with corn and beans? 

All of them are listed HERE. Next time I am placing an order, I will let you know. If you want to purchase some then, you can add them to my order.

andy

Thanks Paul. I had already seen them on the site! But at $38 for 5o pounds? They don't state shipping costs. Plus you had told me you need to have a licence to have seeds imported into the country? I have found them over the boarder in Thailand at a cheaper price! But now I will take a look at Laos. Beats me what they use the make the bread here! Rice grain?  

Parrothead

Thanks Paul. I had already seen them on the site! But at $38 for 5o pounds? They don't state shipping costs. Plus you had told me you need to have a licence to have seeds imported into the country? I have found them over the boarder in Thailand at a cheaper price! But now I will take a look at Laos. Beats me what they use the make the bread here! Rice grain?  

I don't know that I would ship 50 pounds of ANYTHING from Johnny's here. LOL. Mate, that would be costly, for sure. 

But, to have some packets, or by the ounce bag sized seeds? Certainly, I would do that again, even before I receive this first order.