Parrothead

Tilapia and fresh water lobster supplier in Takeo Province.

Parrothead

Looking for Tilapia fry or fresh water lobsters for your aquaponics system, or for another reason?

I have the number for the supplier. I will not post it without his permission. But, if anyone posts in this thread, or sends me a PM, I will happily give the number to you.

Tilapia Fry: 100r each

Lobsters: 300r each

Not sure of the minimum number, if there is one, to buy to get that price. 

• Like 1

andy

Paul that is good money for fresh water lobster. Up here grown ready to eat 100,000reil per kilo.

But you need a lot of aeration to keep them.

• Like 1

Parrothead

Paul that is good money for fresh water lobster. Up here grown ready to eat 100,000reil per kilo.

But you need a lot of aeration to keep them.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind having a few in a tank.

• Like 2

Ben

Parrothead please send me the contact details ben@floweroflifeproject.com many thanks 

John_Galt
2 hours ago, Ben said:

Parrothead please send me the contact details ben@floweroflifeproject.com many thanks 

Hello Ben welcome to the forum. Sadly Parrothead has passed away. 

I do not have the contact details for the fish guy but maybe another member does. Good luck

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Similar Content

• Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      So, Chan went out to feed her "children" (fish) this morning, and got a surprise. She turned off the system first, as that is what we do every time we feed the fish. This prevents food waste from being sucked into the RFF from the fish tank, while they are eating.   While there, she noticed the RFF was starting to spill water out of the tank. The strainer in the RFF was backed up, causing the RFF to begin to overflow. It's the strainer on the left side of this image:    
      Fortunately, she caught it in time. She pulled the top off the RFF to find a surprise. 

Stay tuned. We will be back with photos and information as to what the surprise is!
    • Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      The little guys (Tilapia fry) are about to out grow their current housing. That is the aquarium they have been in since Chan rescued them from the system filter. But, they are still too small to defend themselves against the larger fish in the fish tank. So, they can't go into the 1,000 liter IBC tote just yet.

We cut a barrel, added an SLO (Solids Lifting Overflow) and a temporary filter made from a 20 liters (~5 gallon) bucket. This will work until I can get some glass panels to partition the aquarium into a sump / filter for the new barrel they will call home. 

A few fotos of the test run after completing the build yesterday.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.