Bill H

Our Visa SNAFU

Bill H

They gave us visa application forms on the airplane which I filled out immediately.  Following Paul's advice, I checked "Special Visa" on the form and requested 90 days.

Upon arrival at the PP airport, we were directed to the Visa Application line and submitted our completed forms.  They told us we needed to pay $3 cash then once we'd done that, demanded an additional $35 cash each.  When we got our passports back, we had a visa with no expiration date.  We asked about that and we were told it was a 30-day visa we would need to get renewed or leave.  Not what I expected, but we'll follow Paul's advice and find a travel agent to process a visa for a longer stay.

I'm not sure if we did something wrong or if that is just the way they do things.  We'll let the travel agent sort it out next week.

mollydooker

The absolute best TRAVEL AND VISA agency is located in Sihanoukville .....Mottah Travel ...Ekareach st ....look for ''NAY'' ...you will not be disappointed !!

Parrothead

The absolute best TRAVEL AND VISA agency is located in Sihanoukville .....Mottah Travel ...Ekareach st ....look for ''NAY'' ...you will not be disappointed !!

2nd that. 

phuketrichard

no idea what the $3 was for ( did u give them a photo?
its correct thou there is no 90 day visa, look again, am sure the expiration date is stamped right on the visa.

u can apply tomorrow for the extension, dont wait till the last minute

u will apply for a 3 month, 6 month ( apx $185) 12 month ( apx 290) extension now  the 6 and 12 months are multiple entries.

if ur in Phnom Penh , ANY travel agent can do it for u and in shv i use Ana's

Edited by phuketrichard

andy

I was round at the Khmer guys shop yesterday! The guy I use for my visas. He is number one for me :)

The reason being I take photo copy's of my passport and existing visa. Then like before I may go traveling! He will deliver my passport to me anywhere in the country (for free), and also be available on the mobile if there is a problem for me without the passport. First class service.

But when I was in is shop a westerner came in with is passport for visa extension! The guy said you have left it too late and will have overstay? I didn't ask!

What will be the outcome?

Parrothead

What will be the outcome?

He will pay for every day he is an overstay, in addition to his visa fees. 

andy

What price per day? So if the visa runs out you don't have to leave?

Parrothead

NO. If your visa expires, you will be paying a greatly increased rate in order to continue to stay in this country. So, do NOT let your visa expire. 

I heard recently, that it has gone up to $10.00 USD / day. I do not know that for certain. My visa is always sorted well in advance. 

phuketrichard

$10/day , it used to be $5 for 1st 30 days than it went to 6

Andy ,How can he apply for a visa extension WITHOUT your passport?  The full page extension sticker goes into your passport and the red stamp placed  on it covers the edge of the sticker plus part of ur passport page

andy

Richard I may have not wrote clearly! I do the same has others and leave my passport with them.