dicey eye

Rainy Season Diminished Portions

dicey eye

He had put everything in his khmer ladies name! So he had, and has nothing to sell.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

Love appears to be blind and all too many times the little head's libido over rides the big head's common sense

andy

In the past I have found it very difficult to deal with Khmer's (I mean this in the way that they do business). But saying that! I would rather deal with them then listen to the westerner give me the bullshit story.

Have you ever noticed it is only the western business what has the low season!!!

phuketrichard

Andy;

sorry to disagree BUT there is a low season for everyone.

Low season, ,fewer tourists, ALL businesses do not need to buy as many supplies from local businesses

tuk tuk drivers dont make $$ so cant spend it at the local shops, market sellers dont sell as much food, etc etc..

feck, even the electric company makes less money as less electricity being used

ONLY reason u dont hear Khmer's complain about low season is cause u dont speak khmer or know Khmer business owners.

Not like they go on a Khmer forum to complain like westerners do  :-)

• Like 2

andy

Yes Richard I do agree with you! Any business connected with the tourist trade. Yes and surely it will have a knock-on effect further on.

andy

This morning a sales lady called round on her bicycle. She was selling "Tompi" (don't know if I have the correct pronunciation". It's a bowl of cold rice and coconut, laced with ample strong rice whiskey. Apparently the Khmer's love it for breakfast! Me too :) I have told her to call every morning from now on. And at 2000reil per portion! Better than porridge.

I will help her through the low season.

• Like 1

dicey eye

Sounds like a nutritious early morning buzz. Too bad its not Jack Daniels she pours on it.

• Like 1

andy

What I have seen here in kk the western style restaurant's close for midday. I suppose not many customer at this time! So saving money on outgoings! Staff and power! Thus giving the customer the normal size portion. Easy solution really.

andy

Tompi

post-1230-0-07298000-1474261933_thumb.jpg

Forget the porridge! Wow this is good.

Edited by andy

Parrothead

Tompi

attachicon.gifWP_20160919_001.jpg

Forget the porridge! Wow this is good.

I think I would rather have my pork chops or steaks. Or, Lok Lak, for that matter. What you have there doesn't look very filling. 

• Like 1

andy

What you have there doesn't look very filling.

I am a light eater has it is, and more so in the morning! You can eat your meat stakes first thing! It's up to you.

I would rather have my stake with a glass of good wine in the evening. :)

It's not always about filling! The nutrition value is the important thing. I thought you of all people would of understood that! Understanding aquaponics.

I told you before. I eat to live. Not live to eat. In SE Asia you must know the Buddhist teaching.

Edited by andy