andy

car repair

andy

After having a new battery in PV city. Here now in Battambang having more repairs to the car! Today a new master cylinder and left hand shock. This country knocks hell out of motors. Tomorrow back again for new drive shafts.

phuketrichard

replace BOTH shocks same time ( dont replace only one)

make sure when they bleed the brakes, check ur brake pads and scorching on the drum as long as ur doing the MC

U got an old car cheap,  now its time to pay the piper

• Like 1

andy

Yes I got the car at a good price knowing it needed work! Brakes are first class now. I am happy to have the repairs.

For if I keep the car or sell it on, I know it will be a sound motor.

andy

I visited Paul briefly before taking the car back to the garage. He wished me well with the repairs! I drove up the road from him and the driveshaft completely locked up!!! Now the car is in the garage.

All I can do now is wait for the outcome.

andy

post-1230-0-49663600-1472711434_thumb.jpg

Ongoing repairs. Just waiting for the new drive shafts.

• Like 1

Bill H

Have them check the ball joints while they have it torn apart.  Much cheaper to have them replaced since you've already paid for most of the labor, and I would guess ball joints don't last well with these bad roads.

One of the few times I agree with Richard, never replace only one shock.  Very bad practice, that.  Ante up for the extra cost and buy two.  It's important the suspension is balanced.  When you have a new shock on one side and an old one on the other, it is not in balance, and you will regret doing it in the long run.

If you replace your brake pads or brake shoes, spend the couple extra collars and have your drums or rotors turned.  Rough or grooved rotors/drums play hell with new brake pads.

My $0.02 on this topic.

• Like 2

andy

You are very right! All the work mentioned is now in the process.

I have spent the extra money to have the car top notch.

Still unsure of my intentions. Thinking about that now. But I am sure there will be posts of my new adventures.

Parrothead

You are very right! All the work mentioned is now in the process.

I have spent the extra money to have the car top notch.

Still unsure of my intentions. Thinking about that now. But I am sure there will be posts of my new adventures.

Andy, I have to say, I would probably ride with you in a car. However, a boat - that would not happen, especially if you had  an axe with you. :D

Bill H

Andy, I have to say, I would probably ride with you in a car. However, a boat - that would not happen, especially if you had  an axe with you. :D

Chicken!!  I'd ride with him, ax or not.

syzmic

Chicken!!  I'd ride with him, ax or not.

I've seen your type in every horror/slasher movie I've ever seen. 

That guy is always the first one to get killed.   :lol:

• Like 1