andy

Good morning Cambodia

andy

Only a little fair. But gave her a little enjoyment.

post-1230-0-72866700-1474452932_thumb.jpg

John_Galt

Most of the afternoon (yesterday) was to be spent in a Cambodian bank opening a new account. I have never seen as much paperwork. I also had to take a friend with me whom also has an account with them.

To introduce and verify me.

The bank account I opened with ABA, told me that they had a branch here! There is not! But being Khmer they did not Lie! When I questioned them about this! The gentle reply was. We hope to have a branch there in the near future.

It took me less than 20 minutes to open an account at RHB  and it was way less paperwork than opening a new account in the USA. 

andy

It took me less than 20 minutes to open an account at RHB and it was way less paperwork than opening a new account in the USA.

Most of the paperwork was about tax. And to prove I wasn't American.

Bill H

At My Bank in Snooky, you cannot open an account if you don't own and operate a business!

andy

At My Bank in Snooky, you cannot open an account if you don't own and operate a business!

I had that problem in Maybank in Battambang Bill H. It's all on the thread I started " opening a bank account in Cambodia". With the Khmer bank yesterday I got around this by providing them with the information of my overseas business. Plus I just had to show them my ABA bank balance.

Oz Jon

OMG! - has that crap got to Cambodia too?

I've spent months battling it in Aus - to get my rights under an AUS-US tax agreement.

The whole thing is incomprehensible bullshit! - costing the world a fortune in time, money and frustration.

US Government (IRS) sponsored "Ugly Americanism" - It's not winning friends!

I can't pull all my US investments out of the US fast enough - a dangerous place to invest these days.

I contributed to the US economy for 15 years - no more!

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 2

John_Galt

I am american and from what I can remember they only made me sign 1 piece of paper stating if I had over $10k in their bank  they were required to report it to the IRS. 

Repeal the 16th amendment

andy

Repeal the 16th amendment

I would not know what it is! I am British.

mollydooker

I would not know what it is! I am British.

Its ok Andy ....we won't hold that against you !!

• Like 2

Oz Jon

Its ok Andy ....we won't hold that against you !!

Some of the nicest people I know are (or were originally ) British - Lol!

• Like 2