Parrothead

Duckweed growing bed.

Parrothead

First, this was the thread I was going to start, when I posted the quoted text, below: 

Stay tuned. Another addition-to-the-system write up coming in the morning.

Sorry about that. I let time slip away and forgot about it. 

Anyway, since we began growing veggies, I have been taking it easy trying to get the lettuce to grow. But, those of you who have seen those photos, know they seem to be committing suicide. Or, I am murdering them, albeit slowly. 

Either way, this entire time, we have one large grow bed, just over 4 meters long, by 1 meter wide and 30cm deep. Something close to that, anyway. We also have an adjacent bed, which measures about 1.4m x 1.4m x 30cm deep. Although it has been cycled this entire time, just as the large bed has, we have not been growing anything in the bed - until now. 

I figured we would go ahead by adding Duckweed to the smaller bed, just to see how well it would grow. 

IMG_2977.rJPG.JPG

This image was taken three days ago, when the duckweed was first introduced to the DWC bed. I will post again at some point in the future, to let you know how well it is working out.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2