andy

New transport

Bill H

Why? Leaving Cambodia already?

Cuz I want to import an Indian or Victory and really freak the locals out!  (Loud pipes only, thank you very much!)

• Like 3

andy

This is one like the one we are buying

No update on the new moto?

And no news of Bill H. of his announced train and bike trip.   

Parrothead

Nothing special, other than it is a black Honda Dream. Looks like the other 25,000,000 black Honda Dreams in country. :D

• Like 2

andy

Nothing special

Did you buy one. Is it new or second hand?

Parrothead

Is it new or second hand?

It is a second hand motorbike. 

phuketrichard

An Indian has always been my dream bike  ( 1944 chef )

JohnOBohn

Trying hard to imagine a one cylinder anythjng (including Phantoms) SNARLING down the road.   Loud, yes very possible.   But SNARL???     Much more like a 5 year old child WHINING at the top of their lungs because Mommy just told them they can not have whatever they wanted at the time.

It takes TWO (2) cylinders to obtain any kind of a SNARL from the tailpipe.

I have owned a Phantom for nearly 5 years and darn sure never try to compare it to ""real"" motorcycles.

So enjoy the snarl (in your mind) of the exhaust as you rip up the road.

Bill H

Trying hard to imagine a one cylinder anythjng (including Phantoms) SNARLING down the road.   Loud, yes very possible.   But SNARL???     Much more like a 5 year old child WHINING at the top of their lungs because Mommy just told them they can not have whatever they wanted at the time.

It takes TWO (2) cylinders to obtain any kind of a SNARL from the tailpipe.

I have owned a Phantom for nearly 5 years and darn sure never try to compare it to ""real"" motorcycles.

So enjoy the snarl (in your mind) of the exhaust as you rip up the road.

Don't bad mouth my ride man, it snarls, trust me!

BTW did you know I'm deaf?

Bill H

And no news of Bill H. of his announced train and bike trip.   

Bill has been very busy with business stuff, he will get to it shortly.

For those who can't wait, the brief report is:

Kep sucks.  Kep sucks in every way.  Most overrated place in Asia, and if there ever was a French anything in Kep it's long ago dead.

The roads in Kep suck.  We drove the park road up to the butterfly farm.  Within hours we had two flat tires and the rear tire's tread was beginning to separate.  Sharp, shitty rocks those.  

I know better, I really do, but I rode from Kampot to Kep in a T-shirt.  I'm still feeling the effects of the 8th-degree burn I got from that ride.  Boy was that stupid of me.

Did I tell you Kep sucks?  Well, it does.

The train was great, great seats (padded you nay sayers), AC, great views, nice ride.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat even if I can drive it in half the time.  Best of all the Khmer lady sitting across from me was nursing her toddler and seemed to enjoy showing me her tits.  There were nice, even my wife thought they were nice.

Kampot was everything Kep was not.  We really liked Kampot and extended our trip by three days to spend some time there.  I really liked the river scene.  The restaurants put everything in Kep to shame and Snookyville too.  Great eating places in Kampot and nice folks too.  Seems to be a strong expat community there as well.

We looked at a few houses, prices were much lower than Snooky, but we did not find a place worth renting for one reason or another.

Our hotel was large and had a great pool, but when the power went out we discovered they have no backup generator!  Hard to believe but true.

Excepting the wretched roads of Kep, the bike did very well, it was a great trip.  If we are to take more overnight trips, though, we need to have a luggage rack installed for sure.  New tires being installed while we are visiting here in the PH.

Oh, and in case I forgot to tell you, Kep really, really sucks!!

• Like 2

phuketrichard

If u need to be entertained, need bars/girls etc, yep Kep could suck

if u have family, friends, cook at home and can entertain yourself, Kep is great

PS, roads are far from sucking for the most part wide and no traffic, (dirt trails are not roads and do not count)