Parrothead

2017 Vehicle Searches

Parrothead

I am not you! It depends on how much you want the land to increase yours and Chan's land mass.

Well, worst case, two hectares is a lot of land, more than what we need to feed her entire family, if necessary.

andy

I think they want $3,500 USD / hectare, there. That's a bit more than I am willing to pay. I bet you wouldn't pay that much, either. It's farm land.

That is still less then $3 per meter. For paddy field in the area I think that is right. I remember looking before. Usually in many countries price of land rises or becomes stable like gold. I don't know about your new venture or operation, but if you intend to increase your cattle, you may need to invest.    

Bill H

Find a good reliable mechanic and have him examine all your used equipment.  An offer of steady employment (even only part time) may get you the better guys in the area.  Most tractors are made to last and be repaired.  My family had an International that was used for over 50 years and still going strong when it was sold!

If you buy a modern tractor, pay the extra cost and get a front end loader.  You will find uses you never thought of once you have one.

Tractors are rated by horsepower (usually), but with the smaller tractors, extra horsepower is useless if the machine can't get traction.  I think something like an old Ford 4,000 series would do you well.  Kabuto makes very good machines too.  I'd avoid the Chinese no-name machines if I were you.  Remember when it comes to equipment it's all about parts.  These off brands may carry attractive prices, but will you be able to get parts ten years from now?

• Like 2

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.