andy

Building again in Cambodia

Read2Learn

i neglected to mention that the male bees known as drones have their genitalia torn off during copulation.

ouch

• Like 1

dicey eye

i neglected to mention that the male bees known as drones have their genitalia torn off during copulation.

Under those circumstances celibacy sounds appealing.

• Like 1

Bill H

Ahhh but doesn't that bring new meaning to, "my one true love?"

• Like 1

Bill H

I gravitate toward concrete. Appropriately reinforced and properly mixed naturally. I plan on purchasing the materials and I'm counting on Andy to do the job. (:

Has anyone considered ferro-cement as a building medium?

dicey eye

Ahhh but doesn't that bring new meaning to, "my one true love?"

Sounds like a quote from Lorena Bobbitt. Ya don't just lose your heart, but ding-a-ling too.

• Funny 1

andy

Has anyone considered ferro-cement as a building medium?

The rendering is very good here in Cambodia! I must confess I have not seen this technique used here, but I have wondered if it has been used to form the complex rendering work on temples.

For work on buildings, finding the appropriate media in this country must be considered. The easiest would be to use "chicken wire". Then you would have to know the depth of the render applied! This may vary on the skill of the labour, and the mix of cement. Once this is sorted, then you would have the depth of which to form the chicken wire into a "W" shape. With the amount of precise wire you would require, here again you would have more work to make a mechanical former. But very good point and question Bill, and a very good building method.         

andy

Kev - excellent video. I have always liked the idea of prefabricated buildings.