andy

Whisper Bar

andy

I'm surprised to see brussels sprouts.

Were they imported? - I thought that they would only grow in a cool climate?

Can you get locally grown potatoes, peas, broad beans, string beans, lettuce, (good tasting) tomatoes**?

Yes! The sprouts are imported from France. Potatoes, lettuce, broccoli, carrot, onions, cauliflower all fresh from the market. Some maybe local, but most come imported from Thailand.  

johnny lightning

From France via? I have never seen them at any of the supermarkets in Sihanoukville.

andy

From France via? I have never seen them at any of the supermarkets in Sihanoukville.

Via Thailand.

andy

Sihanoukville seems to be via Vietnam in most cases. But I think soon via China.

mollydooker

There is a supermarket in PP ...Monivong ave ...with many French items available ....near to bus terminal ....

• Like 1

andy

I now buy many of my items from PP. Sausages and the likes from a British butcher. Curry ingredients and flour, imported from India.  

andy

On the subject of food!

I was out in the fishing village yesterday and once again looking at my Khmer friends catch.

Not easy to photograph.

post-1230-0-19058700-1508927185_thumb.jpg

post-1230-0-87477900-1508927241_thumb.jpg

Jellyfish! Has anyone eaten this before? I will arrive one day and it will be cooked, and I will try :)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/jellyfish-numbers-need-eat-them-population-mediterranean-silvio-grecio-british-people-sting-a7891996.html

http://redcook.net/2012/07/30/jellyfish-to-eat-or-not-to-eat/

For today I had to make do with our bars fish an chips.

post-1230-0-85971300-1508927543_thumb.jpg

We try to buy the best white sea fish available, fresh on the days catch.

post-1230-0-03226500-1508927604_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Parrothead

@andy, how ya makin' out at the bar, mate? Everything back to normal? Your health, too? 

• Like 1

andy

The  new look Whisper bar by the river! Having a good amount of rain fall.

WP_20180421_17_13_32_Pro.thumb.jpg.d07ba8e14486e3a1f3339fedeca377fc.jpg

WP_20180421_17_12_21_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

andy

New year was interesting too....................................... Very wet.

WP_20180414_16_45_54_Pro.thumb.jpg.815adbd1740926fa8cc63546913d1c29.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Similar Content

• The Cavern
      By The Cavern
      Barry has bit the bullet and decided to open early for breakfast.

So here goes the new breakfast menu available from the Cavern starting 7am tomorrow (21st of May)

Vegemite or Marmite on toast â€“ 2 pieces of toast $1.50

Eggs on toast â€“ 2 eggs on two pieces of toast. Have your eggs any which way you like! $2.25

Bubble & squeak on toast - with bacon & poached plum tomatoes. $4.00

2 Boiled eggs with Marmite or Vegemite soldiers. $2.50

3 egg omelette $1.75
      (Add cheese $1.50, bacon $1.00, mushrooms $1.00, green pepper $0.50, tomato $0.50 onion $0.50). Served with 2 slices of toast or fried bread or a fresh baguette

Hangover relieve â€“ Chilli on toast covered with a Cheddar cheese, a fried egg on top served with a bloody Mary. $5.00

Standard breakfast â€“ 2 eggs as you like them, 1 English breakfast sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 slices of toast, baked beans, grilled tomato, small glass of orange juice, Tea or Coffee. $5.00

Half English - 1 English breakfast sausage, 2 rashers of back bacon, 2 slices of black pudding, fried mushrooms, 2 poached plum tomatoes, 2 eggs as you like it, 1 slice of toast, 1 slice of fried bread, orange juice & a mug of tea or coffee. $7.50 Have a bloody Mary for $2 with this meal.

Full English â€“ Not for the halfhearted. 2 English breakfast sausages, 2 rashers of back bacon, 3 slices of black pudding, fried mushrooms, bubble & squeak, 2 poached plum tomatoes, 3 eggs as you like it, 1 slice of toast, 1 slice of fried bread, orange juice & a mug of tea or coffee. $9.50 Have a bloody Mary for $2 with this meal.

Beans on toast with a iced tea or coffee $3.50
      Bacon sandwich or baguette $3.25
      Sausage sandwich or baguette $4.25

Extras
      Baked beans $1.00
      Bacon $1.00
      Egg $0.50
      Mushrooms $1.00
      Black pudding $2.50
      English breakfast sausage $2.00
      Bubble & squeak ` $1.00
      Poached plum tomatoes $0.50

Tea (Lipton) $1.00
      Coffee ( French Press) $1.75
      Nescafe $1.00
      Fruit juice $1.75

If there is something you think we are missing please comment. But we for now will not be doing cereals in the foreseeable future. 
    • Guest Kenny
      By Guest Kenny
      'New Plaza' is a new Bar and Restaurant Complex.
      So new that almost no one knows where it is.
      But after one visit, this little black duck thinks it has a damn good chance of becoming THE place to be.
      Here's the layout (Now in February 2013 almost all sites sold and either up and running or very close.)

Indoor and outdoor restaurants, Pattaya style outdoor bars and disco inferno hangouts.

Some really nice photos and more information New Plaza

As of December 2013 and filling fast
      Butterfly Bar
      Delirium Cafe
      Kermit's Kitchen
      Punto Pasta Pizza
      Excellene
      Blue Kitchen
      Maow's
      Mom's
      Doner Kebab
      Srey Ny
      Odyssey
      Sin City
      Dream Bar
      Poison
      and more to come!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.