andy

Whisper Bar

Parrothead
12 hours ago, andy said:

clo.PNG.9a1aff6bcd81680f262c4c9baa16f027.PNG

Yes! Bar closed for a time. Unfortunate things happen. Will take some time out for a bit to decide what direction to go next. No more media, forums, websites and so on for a while. 

Dang man. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you don't disappear on us completely, though.

• Like 1

andy
9 hours ago, Parrothead said:

Dang man. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you don't disappear on us completely, though.

Not going! I did not know if or what time I would have to get online.

We just needed time to deep-clean the bar, has we, of the early morning are on our way across country, you know the family visit and all the trimmings. Hopefully get a mini bus to Phnom Penh early morning, and get the bike on the back. Then on arrival ride from the city in the sunny afternoon to Kampong Cham, via the Japanese bridge and road 6. I usually via off the main road after a while and follow the Mekong. It doesn't define it too well on the map, due to parts of the road being washed away year after year. But believe me, its an excellent route, with little traffic and good scenery, and sometimes a new road surface. We should arrive in Kampong Cham early evening to book in one of my favourite hotels, with excellent food and drink with a good nights sleep.

Morning it will be time to head out about 30km or so and drop a few things at the other hotel we stay, closer to the family home. Let the fun begin out in the sticks. Other half very causes' with my moods and reaction on visiting, she also as land their, but just now its too close to the family! I don't like the brother in law, and his wife, youngest sister. He works outside for a company, but even though his kids eat and sleep at mothers, house of theirs is at the roadside of the property, donated by the late farther. The brother in law does not contribute to anything. He likes drinking and gambling.

The other sister and brother are good. Sister lives in the north, has a shop, her husband works with plant machinery, cranes, diggers and so on, and is on his second hydro job. Big brother and his wife both work in Thailand and do well for the family.  

That's why I have been putting the whole trip off until the weather is cooler, and I am not hot headed. No! you may have gathered its not always "my cup of tea" being in the sticks with the family! What's to do, lay in the hammock and drink beer, walk around the land, field after field, and more fields of rice and fruit trees. 

I have done my little bits making things a little more comfortable for them, such as now in the wet season they should be dry with the new roof I put on the house. But I see it, that the family can help themselves with any more improvements, for they have land and work.

I do, want to look around the area. The owner of the small hotel out there, wanted to show me some land nearby he wanted to sell at 3000reil per meter.

Also I know some people renting yearly, good woodland at $600 per hector, they have three hector now, and built a cheap house on the land. But they tell me there is plenty more available to rent.  

Will try to upload a few photo's "weather permitting" on my return. Then see what to do. I know I will have to invest in a larger freezer at the bar to start with.

Parrothead
7 hours ago, andy said:

you may have gathered its not always "my cup of tea" being in the sticks with the family! What's to do, lay in the hammock and drink beer, walk around the land, field after field, and more fields of rice and fruit trees. 

Wait. Are you saying there is a downside to this? :D

John_Galt
10 hours ago, andy said:

show me some land nearby he wanted to sell at 3000reil per meter

What part of the country is this in? 

• Like 1

andy
13 hours ago, Parrothead said:

Wait. Are you saying there is a downside to this? :D

If like yourself Paul, making your place suited for your needs. Excellent concept and in reality can work well, living comfortable. Having a Khmer family offer their hospitality is all very nice, but like I said "and not being disrespectful in anyway" life for a week can be tedious and very tiering. All that said this is a holiday! Then when its over "the saying" I now need holiday.

10 hours ago, John_Galt said:

What part of the country is this in? 

Its Kampong Cham area.

• Like 1

Parrothead

I just just joking around, @andy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.