Oz Jon

Login problems

Oz Jon

Hey Paul,
What's going on?
Don't you love me any more?

I can get into "Living-in Cambodia" as a visitor OK.
But when I login with my e-mail address and password (both known to be correct) I get kicked off for 19 minutes "wrong something!"
It's happened 2 or 3 times before in the past week or so!
I think that at the last successful attempt, I eventually got in using my Login name (not email)
 - or I just stumbled into an acceptable combination?

The crazy thing is, that I started to do a "work-around" by re-registering as a new subscriber ##
and the "thing" instantly popped-up my correct email address and probably my correct password.
(At least the hidden password had the correct [unusual] number of characters)
So I guess that it recognised me or my PC.

19 min delay may be OK for you young guys, but I'm an old man Paul!
19 minutes may be a significant portion of my remaining lifetime! - Lol!

What's going on?

Am I just lucky?

Cheers, John Macey, (Oz Jon)

##
ps. I didn't know that there was a subscription arrangement until I saw it on the "new subscriber" screen.
I like the site and (if you can fix the above problem)  - I'd happily pay $20 for a sub - how do I do it?

pps.
I went though the "lost password" thing - nothing - no emails after 45 mins!
45 mins later, I login with my user name and the same password - and it lets me in!!!!

Hey! - I'm perfect! - so why isn't everything else? - Lol!!

Cheers

Parrothead

I'm assuming you meant Living in Cebu? With the new version, v4., members must use their display name or account email address to log in, along with their password, now.

Oz Jon

I'm assuming you meant Living in Cebu? With the new version, v4., members must use their display name or account email address to log in, along with their password, now.

No Paul - it was on this Cambodia site

The login instruction says use Login name or email

Edited by Oz Jon

Parrothead

The login instruction says use Login name or email

Username and password, here. NOT the display name. On living in cebu, it's display name and password, or email and password.

andy

I have had problems recently with the Living in Cambodia site! When I am on a page, after a short time it freezes. I can not scroll up or down. I then have to refresh the page, but it will shortly freeze again. "Very frustrating". I don't know if it is with the adverts loading or what. I don't have this problem with any other sites or programs, and my internet is working fine. 

Parrothead

I have had problems recently with the Living in Cambodia site! When I am on a page, after a short time it freezes. I can not scroll up or down. I then have to refresh the page, but it will shortly freeze again. "Very frustrating". I don't know if it is with the adverts loading or what. I don't have this problem with any other sites or programs, and my internet is working fine. 

First thing to do when having problems with a site, is to try a different browser, one you normally would not use to load the site. If you have no problems then, it's a browser issue on your end. 

Once realizing IF it is, in fact a browser issue, I would dump the site cookies and cache from that browser. That fixes 99.9% of all issues for members of a forum.

I have made NO changes in this site, whatsoever, in ages. Nothing on the front, or back in, in fact. So, nothing has changed here in a long time.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1