Bill H

[Sold] My beloved Phantom must find a new home...

Bill H

He snarls, he purrs, he is more or less house trained (I think).  He likes to go fast but will go slow if you insist.  He knows how to stop in a hurry if necessary.  He lights up at night and can be heard far away, but that too is an option you could change.  He really is well trained, but sadly my circumstances are changing so he must go to a new home.

Here are the things I've added/changed since I bought him:

• New Mirrors - September 2016
  • Custom Pain - September 2016
  • New battery - January 2017
  • Custom LED lighting - January 2017
  • New brakes (front and rear) - January 2017
  • New (much louder horn) - April 2017
  • New extra bright headlamp - April 2017
  • New tires (front and rear) - April 2017
  • Transmission rebuild and new clutch - April 2017
  • New chain - July 2017
  • Engine Rebuild - July 2017

All of the above work was done by GPS on bike row in Snooky.

He is located in Snooky.  I haven't made any road trips since installing the new tires, so they are like new.

His special price is $1,200 due to all the work I've done on him.  The price is firm.

Pics as soon as I figure out how to link them.

• Like 1

dicey eye

I have Phantom in Battambang- not sure if it's a he or a she. Wonder if they boom boom I'll have a mess of baby Phantoms in a few months. On a less frivilous note are you splitting SHV or Cambodia? Or just upgrading to a bigger hog?

Edited by dicey eye

Bill H

I have my eye on either an Indian or a Victory stateside.

Parrothead

You may remember me asking about if you ever wanted to sell it. Now, I wish I had waited to buy our motorbike. Spent almost that much on it. But, don't really need two motors. :(

andy

His and Hers, sounds good to me :)

Parrothead

His and Hers, sounds good to me :)

Na. One is more than enough.

andy

Bill H. What is the year of the bike? What are the paper's, card, plate, is it in your name? Mileage, I know this does not reflect much since you had the engine rebuild. What was the engine rebuild, what new parts inside. It may help with the sale with more information.

Bill H

Hey, Andy, they replaced all wearable parts, piston, rings, rod, main bearings, etc.  Plus a few gears that were worn.  The guy that did the work is reputed to be the best Phantom mechanic in town, he always has 4-5 at his shop.  However, this is all moot because I sold the bike yesterday to a guy from Turkey, who hates Turkey.  Thanks for the interest, you missed a great bike.

andy

That's good news bill. I am sure he will enjoy the bike :)

I have my eye on either an Indian or a Victory stateside.

I am quoting your post above. Not sure if you are importing or returning to your country? Or have you seen one here.

Importing to Cambodia I hear is a little on the tricky and expensive side.

Shipping

​Export duty? 

35% import duty

45% excise tax

10% added value tax.

Then there is the task of getting the bike registered. Maybe it would be worth using an agent.

This would make an excellent thread Bill, from start to finish.

I hope to hear more from you on this interesting subject.  

Bill H

That's good news bill. I am sure he will enjoy the bike :)

I am quoting your post above. Not sure if you are importing or returning to your country? Or have you seen one here.

Importing to Cambodia I hear is a little on the tricky and expensive side.

Shipping

​Export duty? 

35% import duty

45% excise tax

10% added value tax.

Then there is the task of getting the bike registered. Maybe it would be worth using an agent.

This would make an excellent thread Bill, from start to finish.

I hope to hear more from you on this interesting subject.  

Naaaa Andy, I wouldn't think about bring that kind of bike here, how would you ever get parts?  It's also just too big a bike for the bad roads here.  My Phantom was perfect, I miss him already.