Parrothead

Boy! Did WE time it right! "No more long term visas..."

andy

Now Cambodia (which had very attractive visa arrangements) now wants to get rid of it's competitive advantage.

Of course the whole topic is riddled with confusion by recipients and the bureaucracy - nothing new with that situation - one of the joys of the region!

The definitions of "working" that they apparently have (even doing voluntary work to help others) is a ridiculous bit of bureaucracy

Could not agree with you more Oz Jon. But now with the confusion, there also seems to be a little back pedalling. What they would like to do, and what is possible to do is the question. 

Parrothead

Well, mine was refused. They gave me an EB again, due to being "too young". Trouble is, a guy in Phnom Penh told me they approved his, with him being my age. I will get Chan to ring them tomorrow, regarding this.

I posted (spoke) too soon, apparently.

But now with the confusion, there also seems to be a little back pedalling. What they would like to do, and what is possible to do is the question.

You're telling me! One person told us it wasn't approved. But, when we got it back a bit ago, this is what was on the current (new) visa "Extension of stay":

20170831_062241542.jpg

So, I guess the "age limit" isn't a major issue. But, I imagine it may still depend on your retirement income, as well? Who knows, honestly? 

• Like 3

JohnOBohn

hahahaha   typical Cambodia

andy

Well after all the fuss. No visa change.

Parrothead

Well after all the fuss. No visa change.

What do you mean?

andy

All 6-12 month EB visa holders were to get work permits. Now the immigration have reversed the move.

But it applies still to businesses and foreign workers. Plus also one new piece of documentation.   

Parrothead

All 6-12 month EB visa holders were to get work permits. Now the immigration have reversed the move.

But it applies still to businesses and foreign workers. Plus also one new piece of documentation.   

Link to the source?

It was my understanding that one-month and three-month EB visa holders would not be required to have work permits. However, six-month and twelve-month visa holders would be.

andy

Now visa rules have taken a very serious turn. All the paperwork I had to get before and the work permit the first year in business.

Then to repeat it again the second year. Now they want more again!!!!  

Parrothead

Now visa rules have taken a very serious turn. All the paperwork I had to get before and the work permit the first year in business.

Then to repeat it again the second year. Now they want more again!!!!  

I can't wait to see what they tell me, when I go to renew. Change is the ONLY constant here.

Oz Jon

I posted (spoke) too soon, apparently.

You're telling me! One person told us it wasn't approved. But, when we got it back a bit ago, this is what was on the current (new) visa "Extension of stay":

attachicon.gif20170831_062241542.jpg

So, I guess the "age limit" isn't a major issue. But, I imagine it may still depend on your retirement income, as well? Who knows, honestly? 

Get with it Paul!

You got an ER because there was no R in the month of August!- Lol!

The same rule applies to catching/shooting and eating rabbits in the UK (as I remember from my youth)

Probably a lot of other things too?

Lay back and enjoy!

And continue to "not work" ....  (whatever that means in bureaucracy-speak?)#

Cheers

# even voluntary work or helping a friend (unpaid) fix his car, repair his house, etc is "work" and not permitted under an Aus tourist visa!

I think that applies in Canada to their tourist visas too?

Edited by Oz Jon