Parrothead

Boy! Did WE time it right! "No more long term visas..."

andy

Well, mine was refused. They gave me an EB again, due to being "too young". Trouble is, a guy in Phnom Penh told me they approved his, with him being my age. I will get Chan to ring them tomorrow, regarding this.

I am sorry to hear that Paul. I too know of others it has happened too. I can't understand if you have sent them proof of your retirement.

• Like 1

Parrothead

And would you just give up every thing you have done on the farm.

I would NEVER put more money in ANY country, than I am willing to walk away from. So, yes I would, in a New York minute.

What I have done, or will do at the farm isn't for me. It's for Chan. I am merely getting some of the enjoyment from it all, while doing so.

Parrothead

I am sorry to hear that Paul. I too know of others it has happened too. I can't understand if you have sent them proof of your retirement.

Especially since the recent article you posted, showed no requirements for the ER visa. To be perfectly honest, I just wanted the best visa for my situation. As you know, we contacted Immigration sometime back, regarding filing for the retirement visa. 

andy

The lady asked me to send my current and previous passports, proof of retirement income, and two passport sized photos, Andy.

Especially since the recent article you posted, showed no requirements for the ER visa. To be perfectly honest, I just wanted the best visa for my situation. As you know, we contacted Immigration sometime back, regarding filing for the retirement visa. 

But you had stated you had sent proof of retirement. And been knocked back on age. I have known this happen to some.

I think under the circumstances of this I may think twice, or just wait until things are more in place. Paying on top for a work permit is only a low cost. And weighing it up what authorities may consider work may be a safer bet. Just look at the Thai laws for that.   

• Like 1

Parrothead

I think under the circumstances of this I may think twice, or just wait until things are more in place.

I am going to start looking at a few options:

1. Going back to the Philippines. Visa costs more and I have to change money there. But, they leave my income alone.
  2. Central and South America, several countries to look at.
  3. Africa is another option offering possible destinations to consider.

andy

And what of your good lady? Can she go with you?

I would not think of running, way too early for something so drastic. Life is good anywhere where the laws of the land is followed.

Parrothead

I would not think of running, way too early for something so drastic. Life is good anywhere where the laws of the land is followed.

Just said I would start researching, Andy. And, I'm not "running" anywhere. I just refuse to be party to extortion, as I have already stated. If they leave my foreign income alone, I have no problem in continuing to stay.

Parrothead

And what of your good lady? Can she go with you?

That would have to be discussed. The main reason for our relocating to the farm, is so Chan can be closer to her parents, especially her father.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

andy

The thing is Paul we are guests here. We like anywhere have to follow the rules. We all also have our own countries.

But we want to be here. You are doing well with your life here, and the farm and Chan is a good thing for you.

So no retirement visa just now. But its not the end of the world. I told you my work permit was $135. Work out the cost per day for the year. You could take a boys trip to PP and eat, drink and f@uk that up in one day. :)

Parrothead

You could take a boys trip to PP and eat, drink and f@uk that up in one day.

That would be less than a day in Phnom Penh, unfortunately. But, I see your point.

• Like 1