andy

Axe Falls

andy

I'm sure there are a lot of us here, who are in that same boat.

I think that statement is true.

Personally, I believe they just want to get rid of undesirables.

What would you consider undesirables.

But, not sure what younger folks will be able to do, who may be able to afford to live here without working, but are not old enough to secure a retirement visa.

Looks at the moment shorter visas.

But now Cambodia has been changing the visa rules. Vietnam visa looks more attractive, especially for Americans. 

Parrothead
What would you consider undesirables.

Those here who may overstay, or are under the wrong visa but refuse to change it. Or, those who are here using fake documents.

Vietnam visa looks more attractive, especially for Americans.

No one-year visas that I am aware of. And, still, little to no English. So, no reason for me to move there.

andy

Yesterday I had to obtain a residency permit, just one more bit of paperwork to be able to apply for my next work permit. I hope that is the end of my collection, but some how I have doubts. It just seems to be endless. 

• Like 1

JohnOBohn

Vietnam visas are not very American friendly especially if you want to live there long term

• Like 1

Parrothead

Yesterday I had to obtain a residency permit, just one more bit of paperwork to be able to apply for my next work permit. I hope that is the end of my collection, but some how I have doubts. It just seems to be endless. 

Don't know how well you trust your gal. But, it may be more feasible to put the business in her name, and you change your visa to an ER. You will have a TON fewer hassles, I feel anyway, once you do that. Personally, I think they won't give two shits about those on the ER visa. But, will want to continue to make money off those who are actually working here. I could be wrong, of course. But, that is how it is looking, to me.

Parrothead

Vietnam visas are not very American friendly especially if you want to live there long term

I haven't spoken with some guys I know who are living there. Some of the same fellas I imagine you know, too. But, I would hate to be there on the visas they currently hold, just trying to continue to live there without having to leave every X number of months.

Oz Jon

As I read the requirements, to get an ER Visa you need evidence of adequate ongoing income from a (home country) government or other such credible (home country) source.

I would have adequate income, but from my self-managed investment sources (no government or commercial pension fund, etc involved)? ..... I'm a staunch DIY person! - Lol!

How does that fit in with the Cambodian visa bureaucracy? - Can I just write my own certification? - Lol!

I don't plan to ever do paid work again, or have a business, anywhere! - probably just give an occasional bit of unpaid help/advice.

Is the "Business Visa" (extendable to 6 months) still a viable alternative, without the need for a bunch of extra work permits, etc? ..........  [repeating every year, 6mo Cambodia, 6mo Australia]

Edited by Oz Jon

andy

Oz John take a look at the EG EOS visa, good for 6 and 12 months, no supporting paperwork required.

As I read the requirements, to get an ER Visa you need evidence of adequate ongoing income from a (home country) government or other such credible (home country) source.

There was talk of getting evidence from your home countries, via the embassy's here in Cambodia. I don't know of anyone who has done this up to now. So like you say that you could write your own certification! Pulling the wool over the eye's of the authorities as so to speak. I would not like to go down this route, what could the implications be?

Don't know how well you trust your gal. But, it may be more feasible to put the business in her name, and you change your visa to an ER. You will have a TON fewer hassles, I feel anyway, once you do that. Personally, I think they won't give two shits about those on the ER visa. But, will want to continue to make money off those who are actually working here. I could be wrong, of course. But, that is how it is looking, to me.

It's not the case of how much I trust my gal! Its the case of I am doing everything to the book (legal in this country).

The other day "or week ago since we are in Cambo" I asked my landlord whom is also an high ranked police officer. If he could get me a document "stay of residency". This is another paper you now need to obtain to get the work permit. He told me what you are saying Paul "Put all in the ladies name". Anyway I got the paper myself, what was needed.

In one week I am 55 and I will be due my small private pension, so then I may consider changing my visa when it is due for renewal. But that is some time away, and the renewal of the work permit will come first.

And to be honest now I have done all the work and effort in obtaining all this legal paperwork, and building a business, why would I want to change? But on the other hand maybe I will. There is so much uncertainties over the visa's of Cambodia just now. Better to wait a little while and see what happens.