andy

Axe Falls

andy

Where did you get that from Paul? Could you please post the whole of the so called ad?

Parrothead

Where did you get that from Paul? Could you please post the whole of the so called ad?

That's all I have. If I had more, I would post all of it. I got it from a friend of mine who lives in Kampot. 

The main reason I posted it, was to show, once again, how inconsistent they are with the requirements on the visas. 

Lord only knows what they will do tomorrow. Just have to wake up and see.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

andy

Yes! Seems all is in turmoil, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

That's all I have. If I had more, I would post all of it. I got it from a friend of mine who lives in Kampot.

Snippets like this also make the situation more confusing. There is no source or links, just hear-say again. But interesting.   

• Like 1

Parrothead

Snippets like this also make the situation more confusing. There is no source or links, just hear-say again. But interesting.   

Well, I can vouch for him. He isn't the type to create stuff. He did get it from an agent near where he lives. That just happened to be what they were told, I imagine. Of course, requirements seem to be changing from agent to agent, and certainly from town to town. I am just glad I have until next August to see where they are on requirements, if any, for renewals. I hope they will just sail it through, like they have been doing with the EB Extension of Stays, in the past. But, who knows? They may have all of us in jail for not complying with whatever requirements, by next year. :D :D :D

• Like 1

Parrothead

Here is more on visas from my mate down south:

Update:

Extending EI or EB to EB for 6 & 12 months requires docs - an official looking letter of employment seems to be all for now. This is also for first EB extension. It is best if employment letter has all company details including stamp.

EI to EG is a one-time extension for 1, 3 or 6 months only without any docs. After 6 months leave the country and return with EI & do it again or extend to EB/ER with docs. (no word as to if they will put a limit on how many ‘EG runs’ you can do)

Extending ER (whatever age) to ER does not need any docs. For initial ER applications, more to follow. There are a number of applications in for people under 55 just now. Results will be reported back.

PLEASE NOTE:
This info is advisory but is based on very reliable sources. Different agents may offer different advice but all info here is correct (for now). Be aware of agents or law firms who offer shortcuts and/or fake documents. Using faked documents may come back to haunt you
  • Like 1

andy

What agent is this Paul.

Good and helpful.

andy

The main reason I posted it, was to show, once again, how inconsistent they are with the requirements on the visas. 

Lord only knows what they will do tomorrow. Just have to wake up and see.

post-1230-0-85068900-1508487144_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow came! Now what to do about the choice of visa.

If it is so and the ER visa is set at the age of 55, then it is time to start thinking.

With a small pension coming into force (with proof) And immigration and a member from the works department telling me I can qualify for the ER visa.

But wait! I am not allowed to do any form of work if I do. If I was to move a glass from the table or take a can from the cooler, it could be deemed has work. The penalties are to sever, fines, and even jail. That will have me looking over my shoulder all the time if I keep the bar on. 

Yes I could put everything in the girls name and she can do all the work.

But for now I don't think I want to retire, and my business licence is due soon and WP at the beginning of the new year.

I have good neighbours. So many came to my birthday celebration, locally, girls from the massage shops, salon girls too, local shop owners, friends from the fishing village. What did take me back a little, was all bought gifts for my birthday. Just for the friends to come was enough.

More to say the kindness of those Khmers, make me want me to carry on the same way I am doing now.  

• Like 3

Parrothead

What agent is this Paul.

Good and helpful.

No idea, Andy. He hasn't mentioned anything regarding the name of the company. I haven't come out and asked either. I figure, for whatever reasons, he wants to keep the name to himself. All I know is the agent is in PP or Kampot.