Parrothead

Found a great welder / fabricator in Sneung.

Parrothead

We got lucky yesterday. I needed some "L" shaped rods (bent rebar) welded to a piece of plate steel. This would be secured to a 30cm X 30cm x 50 cm deep foundation, to serve as the base for a metal tower that will support two internet antennas. One antenna will be the omnidirectional antenna for my Cootel modem / router; the other one of my microwave TP-Link CPE-510 link antennas. That one will send / receive the signal for our Metfone connection, to the other CPE-510, located at the highway. 

Anyway, this guy had multiple welders AND an oxy-acetylene torch on site. Okay, so, that's not so overly exciting. But, here is the kicker. He actually knew how to use them. Not to mention, he actually used soapstone to mark the burn lines. Needless to say, I was quite impressed with his work. 

He cut a 30 cm x 30 cm section from a piece of plate steel, as straight and square as an arrow. He then cut 4 pieces of rebar, each bent in the shape of a capital letter "L". After, he welded each piece of rebar to the bottom of the plate, that will be immersed into the concrete form, permanently anchoring the plate to it. Total cost, $3.50 US.

Pictures to come. We had to return to the city to take her mom to the doctor for a check up. She recently broke her arm and had to return to see the doctor. I will get the images as soon as possible and post them in this thread. 

Edited by Paul

andy

Sounds good. And very low cost. :)

• Like 1

Parrothead

Sounds good. And very low cost. :)

He did exceptional work, for sure. I will be getting him to do future work for me, as well. A good welder / fabricator is worth his weight in gold. 

• Like 2

Oz Jon

Total cost, $3.50 US

Wow! --- did that include gift wrapping? ... Lol! .... I knew things were cheap in Cambodia, but $3.50!

• Like 1

Parrothead

Wow! --- did that include gift wrapping? ... Lol! .... I knew things were cheap in Cambodia, but $3.50!

It gets better than that, mate. He threw in two pieces of heavy angle, for us to weld to the top of the plate, which will be used as a saddle for the bottom of the steel rectangular beam to set on the plate. That will keep it from moving from side to side, without us having to actually weld it to the base.

Parrothead

My apologies. Chan corrected me. It wasn't $3.50 US. It was $3.75 US. :D 

mollydooker

Ohhh thats become expensive now !! ...haha ...

• Like 2

Parrothead

Ohhh thats become expensive now !! ...haha ...

:D  :D