dicey eye

Nostalgia Time (kind of)

dicey eye

Nostalgia Time (kind of)

Being a serious movie buff I compulsively watch and re-watch films. Back 30 plus years ago I taught history of film at two universities in Northern California. Anyway to cut to the chase as they say, I was re-viewing Otto Preminger’s 1954 opus “River of No Return†which starred Robert Mitchum and Marilyn Monroe. Had forgotten the closing scene but had to chuckle when I recently viewed it.

Attached is a clip of that scene. Reason for the smile, is exactly how a met Sopheap (my common law wife of 7 years). She’s gained at least 15 kilos since then so no duplication possible now.

Could never hoist a gal over your shoulder and carry her off now-a-days in the States – would be accused of sexual impropriety. Sad. Kinda nostalgic over the olden days of courting when men were men and women enjoyed it as depicted in Preminger’s film.

River of No Return (1954) .mp4

Edited by dicey eye

Parrothead

I remember you telling me that story, probably not long after we first met. 

Mine (Chan) was small enough to carry under my arm, like a sack of potatoes - when we first met. However, she too, is a bit "healthier", like a little fat rat. :D

dicey eye

How about this for a blast from the past. Photo of you and Chan taken at the SHV waterfall December 1, 2012

Edited by Paul
image removed.

mollydooker

She is pretty ...but Paul you kinda remind me of one of those World Championship Wrestlers .... hehe ...

post-102-0-91999600-1512703102_thumb.jpg

Parrothead

How about this for a blast from the past. Photo of you and Chan taken at the SHV waterfall December 1, 2012

I don't mine images of me being posted on the internet. However, due to having an internet stalker for so many years, the last thing I want to do, is to subject, yet another person in my life to that prick. Please do not post images of Chan online, anywhere, to protect her from him. 

dicey eye

Sorry, didn't realize you were still under attack. Believed that that feud had subsided. What's wrong with that dude - seems like an obsession?

Sure would not want anything bad to happen to Chan - she a wonderful lady.

Parrothead

Sorry, didn't realize you were still under attack. Believed that that feud had subsided. What's wrong with that dude - seems like an obsession?

Sure would not want anything bad to happen to Chan - she a wonderful lady.

He's a sick twat. He will only stop when he dies.

syzmic

I suppose that could be arranged.

• Like 1

Parrothead

Thanks for adding the video, Andrew. I found the movie on a private torrent site I am a member of, and am downloading it right now. 

Screenshot 2017-12-09 13.42.28.jpg

Parrothead

I downloaded the torrent. About to watch it now.

River.Of.No.Return.1954.720p.BRRip.x264-x0r.jpg

River.Of.No.Return.1954.720p.BRRip.x264-x0r.fanart.jpg