dicey eye

Major Lifestyle Change Now!!!

dicey eye

Just had my third TIA (Transient Ischaemic Attack) in 4 months. Ignored the first two, then Tuesday, Feb 6th woke up to a version of Quasimodo looking back at me in the mirror.

TIA (Transient Ischaemic Attack) is serious shit - might be called a "mini-stroke" though it usually indicates the big blow-out is just around the corner.

Need to radically change my diet. All the foods I enjoy seem to be detrimental - gotta do what I gotta do.

Becoming a vegetable doesn't appeal to me.

Check out the Quasimodo photo of me Pip took that morning.

Face is 95% back to its usual but for a few hours I was quite bummed out.

post-186-0-13852900-1518059890_thumb.jpg

Parrothead

Dang, man. Do what you have to do, to take care of yourself.

Dante

Sorry to hear this dicey, I gotta say I'm surprised you ignored the first 2 warnings. Somebody up there likes you- given that you are seeing a third one. But it's not too late to deal with it, and as you said it involves lifestyle changes. All the usual suspects, salt, sugar, saturated fat, smoking, drinking, overweight, lack of exercise.

All the things we don't want to know about, until it's too late...for some! But not you...you still have a good chance to change things around and enjoy the huge benefits of good health.

For your own sake and your partners, see a doc that knows what he's doing. I'm not trying to frighten you...but there are worse things than dying. Now is the time to do something about those very loud ALARM bells that you were lucky to be given!!!

Plus I'd miss your jokes!

Seriously, best wishes and good health.

• Like 2

Dante

For what it's worth, I usually take a low dose aspirin daily ( Cartia ) , this is supposed to reduce the chances of blood clots - leading to stroke, etc.

• Like 2

John_Galt

That sucks, Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. 

• Like 2

Parrothead

For what it's worth, I usually take a low dose aspirin daily ( Cartia ) , this is supposed to reduce the chances of blood clots - leading to stroke, etc.

In addition to my beta blocker (Cardiosel 50mg (Metoprolol Tartrate)), I've been taking an 80mg-100mg aspirin, every day. I started this in 2007.

• Like 2

dicey eye

Have to cut down on all the usual western diet indulgences like excessive salt, cut back on sugar, limit fried foods, and shrink the portions down to lose at least 50 ponds of excess baggage. More exercise wouldn't hurt either,  BUT the big issue I need to temper is my obsession with hot sauce and super spicy dishes. Was a time when living in Texas 50 tears ago I'd eat jalapeno peppers as snacks right out of the jar. 

Come to ponder it, each time I had a TIA episode was after indulging heavily on spicy dishes and drowning the already spicy cuisine in Tabasco sauce. No more Tabasco for me.

I began the aspirin strategy Wednesday - was a bitch trying to locate aspirin in PoiPet - went to five pharmacies before locating some.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Like 2

andy

Dicey, Please take care. Now would be a good time to think of a medical trip. A bummer I know too well .

Please take care of your health my old friend. Would hope to see you and a few more members at some time when I am back over there.

• Like 1

Parrothead

BUT the big issue I need to temper is my obsession with hot sauce and super spicy dishes.

I thought spicy foods were good for you?

• Like 1

Dante

I thought spicy foods were good for you?

So did I ! Wow.

I gotta check up on that because like dicey eye I love spicy foods,the only drawback I found was "hot going in n hot coming out"...ill spare you the details.

• Like 1