dicey eye

Major Lifestyle Change Now!!!

Dante

I began the aspirin strategy Wednesday - was a bitch trying to locate aspirin in PoiPet - went to five pharmacies before locating some.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but you gotta be careful with aspirin if it's not coated with a slow release substance that protects your guts. The coated Type allows the pill to travel to a " safe" area of your gut the coating then breaks down and the aspirin does its job. If ordinary aspirin is used regularly, you can get internal bleeding in the stomach. I'll try to upload a photo.post-1485-0-18633100-1518090098_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 1

dicey eye

Please take care. Now would be a good time to think of a medical trip

Absolutely NO medical trip for me! There's a rifle range in Kanpong Speu if things get bad. Haven't been to a doctor in 35 yrs or a hospital either. If one considers dentists, doctors, then I've had a bunch of dental work done. That's it.

Anyways the only medical problem I've had (on a number of occasions) is STD's and I know which antibiotics are best for which STD and the proper dosage so no need for sawbones. 

• Like 2

andy

I hope today is a better day for you dicey. All the best. 

Dante

You are entitled to tell me to f**k off and mind my own business,it's your life and a matter for you how to live it or end it. But it bugs me to hear you even talking about a " rifle range" especially when you have it within your power to improve your situation. Even if it's a hereditary issue with high blood pressure there is medication available to control that risk factor. The others are lifestyle issues as you already quite rightly pointed out. But the only way to know for sure is to get yourself to a doctor/ cardiologist pronto.

I make no apology for the " lecture ".

• Like 2

dicey eye

I make no apology for the " lecture ".

Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

There’s a thing called “quality of lifeâ€. I’m an old geezer, be 71 soon, lived a full life.

My father died of a heart attack at 72 while banging the neighbor lady. In my mind a neat way to kick-the-bucket. My mother who had nearly a genius IQ became progressively enfeebled and incoherent; she died at 90. It was extremely painful to see her degeneration from a clever person to a helpless, bumbling infant. Anyway if I had a choice I’d option my old man’s departure method.

As for rifle range, doubt if I have the balls to do anything like that.   

I do take medication for blood pressure – check it weekly; no problems.

The closing scene in the 2004 Clint Eastwood movie Million Dollar Baby is a fairly forceful defense of euthanasia. Wrote a term paper on that subject in High School, 1963- I advocated it and pissed off the teacher, principal and school board.

Dante

My mother is 92 and in a care home. After visits I leave in tears... I'm not usually an emotional type.

From your reply it is clear to me you are an intelligent man and better aware of your situation than I am. Sorry if I came across as condescending.

Best of luck.

Parrothead

My mother is 92 and in a care home.

This is a primary reason for me living in SEA. I do not want to be put in a home for the aged.

• Like 1

dicey eye

There's a Bob Dyan song from his 1965 album "Bringing It All Back Home" titled "Subterranean Homesick Blues" . The lyrics:"You don't need a weather man, To know which way the wind blows" best sums up my opinion on First World money-grubbing doctors and all their high tech, fancy gadgets and gizmos that cost a fortune.

In the mid 80s an ex Peace Corps volunteer gave me a book, "Where There Is No Doctor". I used the info found in that text to address any illness I had or my family had for 15 yrs, then switched to the internet. Basically self diagnosis - works for me. To repeat Dylan, "You don't need a weather man, To know which way the wind blows"

Peace dude.

• Like 1

Parrothead

In the mid 80s an ex Peace Corps volunteer gave me a book, "Where There Is No Doctor".

Funny you should mention that. Have a look: Where There Is No...

Dante

Funny you should mention that. Have a look: Where There Is No...

I downloaded a few of them, but I thought I got the link from this forum. I think it was under resources or something I can't remember. I saved them somewhere on file. Browsed through them and thought they would be very useful if living in a remote area.