Parrothead

Anyone here believe the Earth to be flat?

Parrothead

First, no, this isn't a dig at you for your belief. Personally, I believe what I was taught when I was a boy in school. That is, the Earth is in the shape of an oblate spheroid. Here is an example image:

OblateSpheroid.jpg

Again, this isn't a dig at you. I am just curious as to why you believe what you do, regarding the Earth being flat? 

Thanks,

• Thanks 2

syzmic

I go by the theory that the Earth can't be flat because if it was, cats would have knocked everything off of it by now.

https://youtu.be/o6QPOUgbS6c

• Funny 2

John_Galt

I dont believe in the flat earth theory. The evidence shows the earth is round and not flat. But could some other shapes account for the evidence as well? I dont know I am not a mathematician. 

Though there absolutely is a lot of anomalies with the videos from NASA and other agencies. Doesn't meant the earth is flat just that something is being hidden. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Parrothead

I have to say, I am more curious as to where this sort of thinking came from. I mean, imagining we live in something flat, like a huge piece of slate, travelling through space? Or, do Flat Earth folks think we remain in one location, one point in space?

syzmic

Flat Earthers never seem to appreciate how lucky we are that the Earth is horizontal rather than vertical

• Funny 4

Oz Jon
On 4/2/2018 at 4:14 AM, Parrothead said:

I have to say, I am more curious as to where this sort of thinking came from. .......

Not just "flat earth" beliefs!

It's amazing the nonsense (patently obviously untrue stuff) that people believe.

Much of it indoctrinated into them as children and apparently never questioned.

Some people will not change their "beliefs", no matter how much contrary evidence is presented to them.

I don't have that kind of problem! - like the Pope - I am infallible! .... Lol!

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Oz Jon
On 3/31/2018 at 5:38 PM, Parrothead said:

First, no, this isn't a dig at you for your belief. Personally, I believe what I was taught when I was a boy in school. That is, the Earth is in the shape of an oblate spheroid. Here is an example image:

OblateSpheroid.jpg

Again, this isn't a dig at you. I am just curious as to why you believe what you do, regarding the Earth being flat? 

Thanks,

Damm close to being a perfect sphere then! - only a 0.3% equatorial bulge!

Parrothead
On 4/11/2018 at 12:17 PM, Oz Jon said:

Damm close to being a perfect sphere then! - only a 0.3% equatorial bulge!

About what I have, too! :D

29694375_10204201067542522_6897074412602104466_n.jpg

29542453_294672251066752_764288958247215948_n.jpg

29790195_10155394168123015_6891753604325015219_n.jpg

On 4/11/2018 at 12:09 PM, Oz Jon said:

Much of it indoctrinated into them as children and apparently never questioned.

This "Flat Earth" mess must have started after I was out of school and working. I don't recall it ever coming up in my past, only fairly recently. 

John_Galt
59 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

This "Flat Earth" mess must have started after I was out of school and working. I don't recall it ever coming up in my past, until fairly recently. 

From the videos I have seen its has always been around but recently it has become more popular with the increase distrust of governments and media. 

That and some of the obviously faked/photoshopped  NASA footage. Doesnt mean the Earth is flat maybe they are just hiding : 

aliens.jpg

• Like 1

syzmic

Being told Gravity pulls everything "Downward" and not "Inward" at a young age could explain why some people believe the Earth is flat.

• Like 1