Parrothead

Anyone here believe the Earth to be flat?

Parrothead
48 minutes ago, syzmic said:

Being told Gravity pulls everything "Downward" and not "Inward" at a young age could explain why some people believe the Earth is flat.

Doing too many hard drugs probably causes similar results. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

John_Galt

Here is a flat earth video with 21 questions and answers. 

syzmic

That's one of the funniest things that I've ever seen.  Deliberate lies and "fake news" in almost every sentence.

I think Parrothead is correct about the hard drugs comment.  I don't know how else to explain it.

Edited by syzmic
  • Like 4

Oz Jon
34 minutes ago, syzmic said:

That's one of the funniest things that I've ever seen.  Deliberate lies and "fake news" in almost every sentence.

I think you're correct about the hard drugs comment.  I don't know how else to explain it.

I'm afraid that I couldn't stand to watch it right through to the end  .......  absolutely ridiculous nonsense!

I liked the bit about GPS being a fraud and GPS positions were actually only produced by triangulation from cellphone towers.

Whoever dreamed that up, clearly has no idea how GPS electronics works.

They also fail to explain why GPS still works OK in the middle of deserts or mid ocean where there is no cellphone service.

Particularly intriguing is why GPS receivers have precision 1500MHz band radio receivers built-in, when when cellphone systems don't operate in the 1500Mhz band?

Edited by Oz Jon
correction
  • Like 3

Parrothead
14 hours ago, John_Galt said:

Here is a flat earth video with 21 questions and answers. 

I got as far as question number 3.

These people are fecking idiots.

2 minutes ago, Oz Jon said:

I'm afraid that I couldn't stand to watch it right through to the end  .......  absolutely ridiculous nonsense!

I agree.

• Like 1

John_Galt
3 hours ago, Oz Jon said:

Yes I forgot to mention I watched it at 2x speed. 

3 hours ago, Oz Jon said:

I liked the bit about GPS being a fraud and GPS positions were actually only produced by triangulation from cellphone towers.

Their response to this would be: Have you ever used GPS where there is no cellphone towers? And if so how do you know there isn't/wasn't one hidden nearby. 
They seem to love shifting the burden of proof onto the non-flatearther. 

3 hours ago, Parrothead said:

I got as far as question number 3.

If you go to the Youtube page the first comment has a list of all the questions with time stamps.

All seem to be equally ridiculous. 

Also there is this:

flat earth funny.png

Which leads me to believe most of the people making flat-earth content are just internet trolls trying to make money. 
Screenshot from internet marketing forum BHW you can see the full thread here. (A great website if you want to learn how to make money online.)

syzmic

The only thing Flat Earthers fear is sphere itself.

• Funny 3

syzmic

When you show a flat-earther a globe you are literally challenging their worldview.

• Funny 2

Oz Jon
1 hour ago, John_Galt said:

Their response to this would be: Have you ever used GPS where there is no cellphone towers? And if so how do you know there isn't/wasn't one hidden nearby. 
They seem to love shifting the burden of proof onto the non-flatearther. 

Well,

That one I can answer easily - Yes - I used GPS while sailing a yacht at least 1000km offshore from the nearest cellphone site.

And A GPS receiver cannot receive cellphone radio signals anyway - Wrong frequency!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

syzmic
1 hour ago, Oz Jon said:

Well,

That one I can answer easily - Yes - I used GPS while sailing a yacht at least 1000km offshore from the nearest cellphone site.

And A GPS receiver cannot receive cellphone radio signals anyway - Wrong frequency!

Hey, don't try to confuse the "flat earthers" with facts.  Their minds are already made up.  

• Funny 1