dicey eye

More Changes in visa policy?

dicey eye

Check out the forum: 

Posters there are having problems renewing their retirement visas.

Some are alleging that besides showing more proof of retirement, that the age now is 55 yrs, even if you had one at 50yrs

Wonder if the Chinese mindset is to blame for all this extra rigamarole.

Edited by John_Galt
Please do not link to competitor forums. I took a while to edit this because I wanted to give it some thought and research.

Parrothead

Sounds like someone just didn't provide as much information as possible, when applying for their ER EOS

andy
11 hours ago, Parrothead said:

Sounds like someone just didn't provide as much information as possible, when applying for their ER EOS

First application, the need to show proof of retirement, then to renew second one possibly not, but over 55. Dicey has quoted a person at 50 years old under the age of the retirement age.

Parrothead
1 hour ago, andy said:

First application, the need to show proof of retirement, then to renew second one possibly not, but over 55. Dicey has quoted a person at 50 years old under the age of the retirement age.

That doesn't make sense. They will approve you even if younger, when you first apply. Yet, the second time, you must be over 55, after you have proven you are retired and can support yourself? Either way, I will find out in August, for sure. I will be 52 when I apply again.

andy
9 hours ago, Parrothead said:

That doesn't make sense. They will approve you even if younger, when you first apply. Yet, the second time, you must be over 55, after you have proven you are retired and can support yourself? Either way, I will find out in August, for sure. I will be 52 when I apply again.

No! Under 55 no problem, just show proof of retirement.

First application at their stated retirement age of 55, show proof? or not. 

dicey eye

Just a quick update on visas. In Poipet there is a gov passport office.  Dropped my passport off, gave the immigration guy the one year EB visa fee, (US$310), a letter of employment and one passport size photo. That’s it, he sent the documents to Phnom Penh and called me several days later to come pick up my passport with the new one year visa. No hassles, no bureaucratic run-around.  Easy peezie.

All the hysterical horror stories posted on a number of expat forums concerning visa troubles have not hit me in the nine years I’ve been in Cambodia. The sky hasn’t fallen yet.

Maybe I’m just shit lucky.

• Like 3

andy

^ And you are right dicey, that's all you have to show when you are employed by someone.

Parrothead
41 minutes ago, andy said:

^ And you are right dicey, that's all you have to show when you are employed by someone.

I dropped by a local business tonight.  The owner just renewed his EB for one-year. Apparently, "self-employed" foreigners have different requirements as well.

You can see, on the right side of the FWCMS website, the different logins available depending on your circumstances.

Parrothead
5 hours ago, dicey eye said:

a letter of employment

Andrew, was it in English, Khmer, or both?

Here are two examples (in one PDF file) I recently downloaded, both in English:

Sample employment verification letters.pdf

• Thanks 1

dicey eye

The employment letter I had was in English.

Was just about the same as the examples you posted.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Thanks 1