Parrothead

Tourism Café - Battambang

Parrothead

INTRODUCTION: The Tourism Café is a place Chan and I happened to notice some time back. Only problem was, it always seemed to be lacking in clientele. I recently realized the reason why this is so. The Tourism Café has absolutely zero internet presence. They are not on any social media. I have not seen any marketing for them in fliers, on signs or billboards, or on the backs of tuk-tuks going around town. Truly, they are an open market. So, I took it upon myself, to put their name out there, for others to learn about this quiet establishment, here in our town. 

DRINKS: The Tourism Café offer beers that I haven't seen anywhere else in town. (I'm not saying those beers are not available here, only that I do not know of them being offered locally, elsewhere. They have Corona in pony bottles. Guinness Stout is also on the list. They have local beers, offered at 3,500r per can . The draft is $.50¢ (2,000r) per glass / mug. Amazingly, unlike some places I have sat outside while having a drink and chat with others, the Tourism Café tends to be quite cool. Only during one recent trip there, have I needed a fan. The place is certainly well ventilated. 

MENU ITEMS: The Tourism Café offer a menu of items, all Khmer I am pretty certain. I have yet to try any of their dishes. In time, I will for sure. 

SEATING: Seating is not lacking at the Tourism Café. They offer probably seating for 10 or so, at the bar. In their seating area, I guess they could accommodate up to another 40 to 50 people, maybe? No idea how many they can seat on the boat dock, down on the river. Personally, I would rather sit up top, having a better view of the surrounding area. Either way, I can assure you, there is ample room at the Tourism Café, if you wish to visit them one day soon. 

I would definitely recommend The Tourism Café to any new visitors to our fair city. 

IMAGES / MAPS:

c1r.JPG

c2r.JPG

c3r.JPG

m4r.jpg

m1r.jpg

m2r.JPG

m3r.jpg

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Parrothead

A few images taken by @JohnOBohn, at the Tourism Café.

john_bohn (3).jpg

john_bohn (1).jpg

john_bohn (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

dicey eye

Stopped by Tourism Café this last weekend while on a 2 day visit to Battambang.

Didn’t sample any of the brews but did give their cuisine a try.

They have an extensive menu, three pages of choices. One third of one page has a dozen or so dishes titled “European”. Scanned those and asked the waitress if they had the spaghetti and meatball plate. She kindly through pantomime let me know that they had nothing available in the “European” selections.

So I looked over the Khmer choices. Spied an entrée that read: “yellow noodles with beef”. Thought a minute and called the chipper waitress over and pointed to that item. She cheerfully wrote down my choice and headed back to the kitchen.

About 10 minutes later my “yellow noodles with beef” was served. Surprise, surprise, it looked nearly identical to what I would call spaghetti and meatballs except for the lack of tomato sauce; which I quickly remedied by pouring mild piquant sauce on the yellow noodle concoction and whallah I had the spaghetti and meatballs I originally wanted for less than half the price. The spaghetti and meatballs’ price was $4 and the yellow noodles price was $1.50 – saved $2.50.

I haven’t tried anything else on the menu, but the modified yellow noodle dish is quite tasty especially if you have a hankering for customized Italian fare.

And the service is excellent.

• Like 3

Parrothead
24 minutes ago, dicey eye said:

And the service is excellent.

Often, you may not need service at all. When seated at the bar, in front of the beer fridge, we usually just get our own cans bottles. We keep the cans on the bar, and the staff just count them when we are ready to pay our bills.

JohnOBohn

s draft stiil ""out of stock"" or is it discontinued permanently??