luvthai2003

PhuketRichard, Can you please elaborate on 'if you qualify? What kind of qualification are we talking about?

luvthai2003

For proof, I will have, of course,  my passport, proof of initial VA disability award and my monthly direct deposits from the Treasury Department. If that ain't good enough, I'll see you elsewhere, maybe the Phils again. Nepal sure is nice this time of year. 

• Like 2

andy
13 hours ago, Parrothead said:

I wouldn't trust a Cambodian bank with anything near this amount, either.

Have a look at this Paul. See who are the major shareholders. They offer the same guarantee as a bank overseas. If the bank went bust at worse, then the depositor would get payment entitlement of @ 75% of their monies.

https://www.ababank.com/about-aba/about-us/

10 hours ago, Parrothead said:

But, it isn't a pension. It's interest earned from an annuity.

Very much the same as a private pension. So being the boss, you have retired yourself from your own company. a pensioner with savings.

Look below.  

Annuity

An annuity is a series of payments made at equal intervals. Examples of annuities are regular deposits to a savings account, monthly home mortgage payments, monthly insurance payments and pension payments. Annuities can be classified by the frequency of payment dates. The payments may be made weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, or at any other regular interval of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

phuketrichard
5 hours ago, luvthai2003 said:

PhuketRichard, Can you please elaborate on 'if you qualify? What kind of qualification are we talking about?

For ER extension ,  most will agree u need be over 55  with no paperwork

for EB extension, ( working)  u must be working,have a letter stating this and in process getting a work permit

EG extension, (up to 6 months) looking for work.

SO far no one has 100% said you cant leave Cambodia,come back on an ordinary visa an dget another EG extension.

tourist visa  can be extended for  1 month ONLY

Nepal not the easiest of countries to live in and yes its nice  March,april and oct nov.Lived there back in the 80 part time

andy
1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

For ER extension ,  most will agree u need be over 55  with no paperwork

Now the first time applicant at 55 years plus, needs proof of their Retirement, but not for the second time. Under 55 need proof of Retirement and monies. (No fixed figures on how much monies at this time).  

for EB extension, ( working)  u must be working,have a letter stating this and in process getting a work permit

You must have a business licence, (if your own business). Employment letter. (Letter of intent, of proposal and duration). And Tax Patent. (Due to people not having the work permit). 

Work permit, ( one months extension to give people more time to acquire WP, the months grace was also extended for an extra month). For people without a WP there will be hefty fines after the cut off date. 

For the EB EOS 6 or 12 months, No need to show WP. But employment letter.

For the EB EOS  1 or 3 months, application with WP and employment letter.

SO far no one has 100% said you cant leave Cambodia,come back on an ordinary visa an dget another EG extension.

EG is ONLY a one time offer for 6 months, that is according to the sub-decree and immigration. (Even if you were to get a new Passport it would be recorded at immigration).

tourist visa  can be extended for  1 month ONLY 

This is correct, and basically the same cost of the long time visas. (12 x monthly price) But possibly irrelevant, due to the Passport filling up quickly.  

Edited by andy
misstake in spelling,
  • Like 1

andy
1 hour ago, andy said:

one months extension to give people more time to acquire WP, the months grace was also extended for an extra month

Cambodia Legal Update:

The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training (“MLVT”) recently issued a second Notification 016/18 on 25 April 2018, in which it extends the period to apply for the renewal of foreign employee work permit applications for 2018 until 31 May 2018.

In light of the ongoing steps by the authorities to enforce the laws regarding the employment of foreign nationals in Cambodia, unless you have done so already, we strongly recommend that your organization submit any relevant renewal applications to the MLVT as soon as possible.

Failure to comply with the foreign employee work permit requirements could result in fines for each offense of up to USD 630 by the MLVT and/or up to USD 900 by a court. Furthermore, Chapters 5 and 6 of the Law on Immigration provide for a term of imprisonment for up to three months and/or deportation orders that may be issued to the foreign employees concerned.

Based on recent media reports, the Ministry of Interior (“MOI”) found that, in 2017, 73,397 foreign nationals were found to be in possession of irregular documents. The MLVT and MOI will be rigidly enforcing the relevant laws and regulations regarding work permits upon enterprises or organizations in Cambodia.  

Parrothead
2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I understand it to be, if you wish to apply for a 1 month, or 3 month EB EOS, you need both - a letter and work permit. If applying for a 6 month or one-year, you only need the letter. Of course, today is Saturday. This could change by Monday. 

1 hour ago, andy said:

EG is ONLY a one time offer for 6 months, that is according to the sub-decree and immigration. (Even if you were to get a new Passport it would be recorded at immigration).

That's the way I understand this, as well.

andy
1 hour ago, Parrothead said:

I understand it to be, if you wish to apply for a 1 month, or 3 month EB EOS, you need both - a letter and work permit. If applying for a 6 month or one-year, you only need the letter. Of course, today is Saturday. This could change by Monday. 

Exactly as I have stated in the post following Richards.

2 hours ago, andy said:

You must have a business licence, (if your own business). Employment letter. (Letter of intent, of proposal and duration). And Tax Patent. (Due to people not having the work permit). 

Work permit, ( one months extension to give people more time to acquire WP, the months grace was also extended for an extra month). For people without a WP there will be hefty fines after the cut off date. 

For the EB EOS 6 or 12 months, No need to show WP. But employment letter.

For the EB EOS  1 or 3 months, application with WP and employment letter.

This "change" of paperwork required, at what I thought was very short notice, didn't help my cause before applying for a new visa.

It wasn't the work permit being my problem "I acquired mine at the turn of the year". This is what I don't understand with people! The work permit runs out on the 31st of December, and the new one starts on the 1st of January. So common sense tells me to apply before the end of the year to get the new one at the start of the year. The letter of employment too! No problem. being the business owner! Just write it myself. The official stamp they wanted stamping on the letter was a problem. With all the running about to find out about the stamp. In the end, there is no such stamp available.

The problem for me, was the "Tax patent". Two weeks now to apply for the visa. But two months wait for the Tax patent.

And all this is really because people have not got their work permits in time. Or rather they haven't bothered. So it effects the ones who have. 

Just has, you had only just quoted Paul "Of course, today is Saturday. This could change by Monday". And that's what happened.  

• Thanks 1

Oz Jon

Am I correct in my understanding that a tourist (with no intention/interest of working) who wants to stay for 5.9 months (with occasional trips to other countries too) can still get a multi-entry "business" visa on arrival and can get it extended to 6 months, either on arrival, or through an agent later?

No other paperwork needed?

If not, how can this be achieved with minimum effort?

Parrothead
4 hours ago, Oz Jon said:

If not, how can this be achieved with minimum effort?

One way to achieve this, would be to simply get a Tourist Visa upon entry. That will give you a one month stay, and a single EOS of one month, prior to a mandatory trip out of the country. So, you could stay 60 days, then visit another country, then return for up to another 60 days. 

They are just cracking down on the EB EOS requirements. 

Alternatively, enter on an Ordinary Visa. Your first EOS would be to convert it to an ER (Retirement), during which time you could extend it for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or one-year. So, you could get a 6 month ER EOS, then just come and go as you wish. 

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1