John_Galt

MSI Concept Store Cambodia Authorized by MSI Since 2017

John_Galt

I recently bought a new laptop at this store. MSI Concept Store Cambodia Authorized by MSI Since 2017 / Dragon Computer

They were friendly and answered all questions through Facebook Messenger within minutes. 
When I went into the store the salesman remembered me from talking on messenger.  

He showed me the laptop I had asked about and was easily able to answer some additional tough questions. That only someone with through knowledge of the product would know. 
I bought some extra RAM and a SSD for the laptop. He used the proper tools to open the casing and you could clearly tell he has done it hundreds of times.

The shop is an authorized seller of MSI products.  And my laptop came with a 2 year warranty 1 year in shop and 1 year by the manufacturer. 

If you need a higher quality laptop I would definitely recommend them. 
Laptops seems to start of at $850 and Desktops as low as $260 

https://www.facebook.com/AuthroizedbyMSIsince2017/
https://dragoncomputerkh.com/

Parrothead
1 hour ago, John_Galt said:

I bought some extra RAM and a SSD for the laptop.

Don't tease, man! Give us a specs list, would ya? 

Processor, video card, how MUCH RAM, what size SSD, etc. 

Parrothead

I recently realized what I could have asked you to pick up for me, while you were in PP.

Thermal paste. We apply it to LED flood lamps here, when we replace the LED board inside a IP65 housing. It mounts directly against a heat sink, not unlike a processor in a computer.

Always that way, isn't it? Remember it AFTER the fact? :)

John_Galt
2 hours ago, Parrothead said:

Don't tease, man! Give us a specs list, would ya? 

Processor, video card, how MUCH RAM, what size SSD, etc. 

The specific model I bought was MSI GL73 8RC https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GL73-8RC

New 6 core Intel I7 8750H processors. 
17.3 inch screen full HD 1920x1080 60hz refresh rate

GTX 1050 graphics card  (4GB)
16GB DDR4 Ram

1TB 7200 RPM Hard-drive

225GB SSD 
bluetooth
3 USB3.1 ports
1 USB type c port 
1 HDMI port
1 Mini Display port

Windows 10
This product line of MSI laptops have 5 times bigger speakers. They sound great and a lot more base than my old laptop. 
It has the best cooling I have ever seen in a laptop 2 fans, 4 vents with 7 heat pipes and a dedicated button you can press that turns the fans on full power. 
It also has a red backlit keyboard which at first I didnt really care for but now I do like makes it easier to see in the dark. 

This laptop is considerably better than my last. I did a test I rendered the exact same video on the new and old laptop.
The new laptop took 16 minutes. The old one 1 hour 11 minutes. Which is about 4.5 times faster. 

• Like 1

Parrothead
3 minutes ago, John_Galt said:

Windows 10

Did you go with Home or Pro? 

Sounds like a good machine. Under $1,000? Or, am I off base here?

Correction: Sounds like a sweet machine.

John_Galt
24 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

I recently realized what I could have asked you to pick up for me, while you were in PP.

Thermal paste. We apply it to LED flood lamps here, when we replace the LED board inside a IP65 housing. It mounts directly against a heat sink, not unlike a processor in a computer.

Always that way, isn't it? Remember it AFTER the fact? :)

Yeah remembering after the fact is always easier. 

There was a computer shop on road 3 that had thermal paste on Battambang.

Most shops didnt even have a clue what I was talking about when I tried to find some 2 years ago. Even when showing them a YouTube video of someone applying the past to a processor! 
Be careful who you let work on your computer here! 

• Like 1

Parrothead
Just now, John_Galt said:

There was a computer shop on road 3 that had thermal paste on Battambang.

Really? I guess I need to have a look. 

1 minute ago, John_Galt said:

Be careful who you let work on your computer here! 

Precisely the reason I am back to desktops, over laptops. I can build and work on these. I'm not much when it comes to laptops, though. 

John_Galt
7 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

Did you go with Home or Pro? 

Windows 10 home I dont see any real reason to have pro for my uses. Though if you hate cortana getting Windows EDU version might be a good idea as it doesn't have it. 

7 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

Sounds like a good machine. Under $1,000? Or, am I off base here?

Under $1300 but if you wanted something only 15 inches and last years generation of processors (only 4 cores) then you could  buy one for around $900 might even get a better graphics card a 1060.
For me the laptop isn't just for entertainment it is also a tool.  If you only need something for entertainment without gaming you could easily get something around $500-$600 or less if you want used. 

9 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

Correction: Sounds like a sweet machine.

Yes :D 

10 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

Precisely the reason I am back to desktops, over laptops. I can build and work on these. I'm not much when it comes to laptops, though. 

I can do anything with laptops and desktops up to soldering. Though if you need that something is seriously broken and it might not be worth fixing. 
Plus if there is ever any question there is almost always a YouTube video that explains it. 

• Like 1

Parrothead

Graphics memory? 2Gig? 4Gig? 

1 minute ago, John_Galt said:

Plus if there is ever any question there is almost always a YouTube video that explains it. 

True. I just don't have the patience to learn to work on laptops. Just never got into doing anything other than adding RAM modules or replacing battery packs in them. Typically, by the time my laptops failed, they were all but worn out anyway.