Parrothead

Things from the '80s that kids have no clue about.

Parrothead

Ah, the ignorance of youth. 

Even my eldest son, who is 28 years old this year, has never known a life without computers.

• Funny 1

andy

Wow dicey you surprised me. That was great. I have never ever made a video. Don't think I would know how. One day you will have to teach me.

dicey eye
51 minutes ago, andy said:

One day you will have to teach me.

No problem. When ya make it up to PoiPet you'll be making videos like George Lucas.

I'm self taught. Trial and error method.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

syzmic
48 minutes ago, dicey eye said:

I'm self taught. Trial and error method.

The "school of hard knocks" is a great way to learn.  It seems that most people are too chicken to try it however.  That's kinda sad to me, cause they have no idea how much they are missing.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

andy
17 minutes ago, syzmic said:

The "school of hard knocks" is a great way to learn.  It seems that most people are too chicken to try it however.  That's kinda sad to me, cause they have no idea how much they are missing.

For me its never crossed my mind to make a video. But I agree totally what your saying. I have been schooled, self taught and schooled others. Learning can be good fun and rewarding.

dicey eye

I got into creating videos because of where I work. The school has a highly innovative, multifaceted program that I felt needed help promoting. The head of IT at the school is a lazy jerk and wouldn't do anything.

So I took it upon myself to learn how to film, edit and mix audio. 

So far have done 23 videos for the school - all done on my own time, not school time. Put in over 100 hours.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

andy

Ohhh dicey and on the other thread your post say you know nothing about computers.

dicey eye
3 hours ago, andy said:

Ohhh dicey and on the other thread your post say you know nothing about computers.

I'm learning slowly. A tittle bit here, a little bit there. Though still way behind many posters on LICF

My self evaluation is: I'm a primitive that's willing to learn new skills when needed