DavidLeon1977

Living in Vietnam and Tired of it, Want to move to Phnom Penh

DavidLeon1977

Been living and teaching in Vietnam for the past 7 years and enough is enough, went to Phnom penh a few tlyears back and absolutely loved the place and would like to come there and live and work, any other Jobs for expats other than teaching? Would like to explore a different avenue.

John_Galt

Welcome to the Forum.

I know it is easy enough to find an English teaching job. Other than that you might find something in an expat bar/resturuant/hotel but with very low pay. 

Phnom Penh should be a nice change from Vietnam. 

DavidLeon1977

Thanks for the welcome, my friend Al recommended the site, yea I didnt expect to strike it rich, just need a Job at a bar and have a place to sleep, I dont have much money after my Vietnamese Ex Wife cleaned me out.

Parrothead

First, welcome. Yeah, your buddy sold ya out and let us know you were comin'. :D

46 minutes ago, DavidLeon1977 said:

just need a Job at a bar

If I were to work at a bar, I would probably become a hopeless alcoholic. Okay, maybe not an alcoholic. But, I danged sure would drink a LOT more than I do currently - which isn't much, these days. I had two Jack & Cokes with a buddy who dropped by the farm today. The farm, yeah. We are so far in the sticks, we have to get sunshine piped in here. :)

• Funny 2

Read2Learn
2 hours ago, DavidLeon1977 said:

my Vietnamese Ex Wife cleaned me out.

First I would like to welcome you to the forum.  Next, sorry to hear that, I wish you the best of luck w/your future plans. 

• Like 1

andy
6 hours ago, DavidLeon1977 said:

Would like to explore a different avenue.

Yes, welcome to the forum. I would say teaching is more of a certainty. Many bars and restaurant's owned by expats have been recently bought out or been demolished. Ether way their are a lot of owners now without. I hope you have good luck, looking for what you need.   

• Like 1

John_Galt
13 hours ago, andy said:

Yes, welcome to the forum. I would say teaching is more of a certainty. Many bars and restaurant's owned by expats have been recently bought out or been demolished. Ether way their are a lot of owners now without. I hope you have good luck, looking for what you need.   

Definitely easier to get a job teaching. 

mollydooker

I have just returned from my second trip to Danang where I am seriously considering moving there after a very long time living here in the Philippines which is sinking quickly under the population growth and all the other tragedies and problems !!

Very impressed with Danang and what it offers !! ....relatively easy to travel to Cambodia from there also ...

Where in Vietnam are you living ?? ....HCMC I guess  ....anyway welcome to the forum ....

Parrothead

You could try prostituting yourself, David. 

I haven't made much at it, thus far. But, I figure it is due to us being in rainy season. 

• Funny 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

Read2Learn
5 hours ago, Parrothead said:

You could try prostituting yourself, David. 

I haven't made much at it, thus far. But, I figure it is due to us being in rainy season. 

Do they like having white babies there like I hear that they do in the Philippines?