luvthai2003

Apartment Hunting

luvthai2003

When I go looking for an apartment, are there trustworthy 'real estate' or apartment rental agents that someone can recommend? I've been seeing on expat.com and khmer24.com fully furnished rooms & apartments with free wi-fi, cable tv and garbage for anywhere from $125 - $250 a month. Does that sound about right? I'm talking PP here. Thanks, guys. *I don't think I have a pic anywhere on this site, so I'm attaching one to this post.

image.jpeg

mollydooker

This was a realtor that was recommended on another forum ....but you must be there on the ground to actually eyeball these places ....just book into hotel and scout around ....but take time ....no rush ....

http://elevatedrealt...eng-trabek-400/

" Many of the realtors here are shady and/ or incompetent, but I can highly recommend Elevated." .... his words ...not mine !!

• Funny 1

luvthai2003

I'm gonna rent a private room at #10 Lakeside guesthouse for $5 a night. Small with just a fan is good enough for me. During the day I will definitely be walking up and down streets. I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off. Book him, Dano. Murder 1. 

• Funny 1

John_Galt

I have never lived in PP those prices sound ok to me. I would think in PP prices can vary wildly depending on location. 

For me I have always just looked around with a Tuk Tuk/moto guy to find a house. Just stay in your $5 a night room until you find an apartment you like. 

• Like 2

Parrothead

Soooo, who is the ugly mug in your post? :rofl: :rofl:

• Funny 1

syzmic

It's going to be a long walk from #10 Lakeside to anyplace you might want to rent. (Hint: that's not a real nice neighborhood)
You might ask a friendly tuk tuk driver there to help you.  Check out the Green Wall restaurant just up the street.  They are some of the nicest people I've met, they might have some suggestions also.  Plus, they have the best food in the immediate area.  (I'm not fond of the food at #10 or Grand View. But that's just me.)

Good luck

• Like 2

dicey eye

If you trek over to 51st Street and stop by Martini’s Pizza there will be a handful of grizzled expats hanging there with female companions a third their age. Most rent decent apartments in that vicinity for $125 a month. Someone there can point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

luvthai2003

Cool. Thanks for all the 411, guys. Mucho appreciated. My only neighborhood concern is location, relative to a lifestyle that doesn't include much night partying. When I do go out at night, it'll be for fresh air and stretch the aging body out. I'm not a red light district guy, and I don't drink much. I'll be running on the Happy side of things. I do want to be within a mile or so to supermarkets, malls, etc. 

• Like 2

Parrothead
25 minutes ago, luvthai2003 said:

I'm not a red light district guy, and I don't drink much.

Geez. Well, I hope you have some vices! :D :D 

• Funny 1

andy
10 minutes ago, luvthai2003 said:

My only neighborhood concern is location, relative to a lifestyle that doesn't include much night partying. 

To be honest, even if you were to be a party animal it would be better to be out of that area! Even though it maybe fun it's good at times to have peace and quiet. I remember my first apartment in Thailand was over a gogo bar. Good for 2-3 days then hell after that.

23 hours ago, John_Galt said:

Just stay in your $5 a night room until you find an apartment you like

That's the way to go. And take your time.

I have kinda just done the same here in Kampong Cham. Staying at my favourite hotel at a expensive 13usd per night. Now I have been looking around for somewhere to stay longer term and rented an apartment for 50usd per month. Easy to work out 4 nights stay in hotel to one month stay in apartment.

• Like 2